Tuesday, May 17, 2011

San Antonio

We arrived in San Antonio on Cinco de Mayo.  Now, wait just a moment, don't get too excited.  No wild fiestas for us, we had Allison in tow and this was truly a family trip.  Our friends, Justin and Tiffany (and their little boy, Zach), invited us to stay with some of their family and have a fun little get away.  We woke up bright and early Friday morning to head to Sea World.  Here are Allison and Zach before we left.  They are just too cute!

We had to snap a family picture too!
Before heading out to the theme park for the day, we went to breakfast at the Guenther House.  Nick and I LOVE this place.  If you are ever in San Antonio, I beg you to please try it.  I promise you will not be disappointed.  Here is a picture of the cinnamon roll we ordered as an "appetizer."
Unreal, right?  Go there, you can thank me later.  After a FILLING breakfast we made it in time to see "The Great Cannery Caper" show at Sea World.  Look at this walrus, too cute?!
We then went to feed the sea lions.  Allison loved to  look, she just had no desire to touch the fish!

Then we saw the dolphin show.  It really was neat to watch.
Then, this happened...
After a quick cat nap, Allison woke up just in time to feed the dolphins.

Finally, we  wrapped up the day by going to ride some rides.  I thought Allison might be a little scared of this ride, boy was I wrong!  We have an adrenaline junky on our hands!




After a long day at Sea World, Justin's mom was kind enough to keep Zach and Allison so the four of us could go have a night out at the Riverwalk.
 Here are Justin and Tiff...
Nick and me (I look pretty rough, like I was at Sea World all day or something)...
It was a lovely dinner until Justin and Nick had to pull a stunt.  They know that mariachi bands singing at my table make me incredibly uncomfortable.  Of course, they had to get the band to come over....

Gracious. I have no idea why they make me so uncomfortable, they just do.  I think they played a song that was twenty minutes long , well it felt like that anyway.

We  got up the next morning and went to Justin's dad's house in Kerrville.  What a beautiful and fun experience.  How many ranches have you been to with zebras?
And wallabies...
They had just about every animal you can think of and we got up close and personal with all of them!





What a fun weekend!  We were with great friends and have lasting memories.  We can't wait for our next trip!

No comments: