I have to say that I have the most wonderful, thoughtful, kind husband ever! Nick and I flew down to San Antonio for quick weekend get away in late August. Nick absolutely out did himself and had several surprises in store for me! We arrived in San Antonio late Friday night. I figured we would probably stay at a Holiday Inn Express or some type of hotel like it, boy was I wrong! Nick surprised me with the Hotel Valencia. This is a gorgeous, contemporary hotel in downtown San Antonio. It is where the rock stars and the movie stars stay in San Antonio. It was beautiful! We went for a late (and I mean very late) dinner in the Mexican market area. We went to a restaurant called Mi Tierra Cafe and Bakery. It was so interesting! We ate at 11:30 that night and I would venture to say there were at least 1,000 other people in the restaurant eating! We even had to wait for a table!
Saturday we went to my favorite...SEA WORLD!! I love sea lions and penguins more than anything and I certainly got my fill! We even fed the sea lions! That evening Nick had a special dinner planned at the Gray Moss Inn. This is a favorite of some friends of ours and it was wonderful. I had lobster and Nick had steak...certainly the best meal we have had in a very long time! Fabulous!
On Sunday morning we went to the Guenther House for breakfast. This was another recommendation from friends. It was wonderful. It is a historic home connected to the Pioneer Flour Mill. The scenery was beautiful and the waffles were to die for! After our rather large breakfast, we did the typical "tourist attractions." We rode a boat tour on the river walk, saw the Alamo and shopped at the Mexican Market.
It was so fun! I really, really did not want to leave! Thank you, Nick!
Saturday we went to my favorite...SEA WORLD!! I love sea lions and penguins more than anything and I certainly got my fill! We even fed the sea lions! That evening Nick had a special dinner planned at the Gray Moss Inn. This is a favorite of some friends of ours and it was wonderful. I had lobster and Nick had steak...certainly the best meal we have had in a very long time! Fabulous!
On Sunday morning we went to the Guenther House for breakfast. This was another recommendation from friends. It was wonderful. It is a historic home connected to the Pioneer Flour Mill. The scenery was beautiful and the waffles were to die for! After our rather large breakfast, we did the typical "tourist attractions." We rode a boat tour on the river walk, saw the Alamo and shopped at the Mexican Market.
It was so fun! I really, really did not want to leave! Thank you, Nick!

No comments:
Post a Comment