Friday, June 18, 2010

Our Happenings (in a nutshell)

So you know how a movie trailer allows one to see highlights from a two hour movie in a mere three minutes?  Well, I am about to give you a month of highlights in  just a few pictures.  I really do not have an excuse for my lack of posting.  I chase Allison around, go to boot camp, go for runs, do laundry, work in the garden, cook dinner, go to the pool and catch an occasional "Real Housewives" rerun.  I have a really nice life so I can't make excuses like, "Work has been really busy lately."  Or, "I'm chasing around multiple 20 month olds."  Nope, I just have the one.  Well, a dog and a husband too.  Basically, I just have poor time management skills! So anyway, here is our life...in pictures and very few words (the latter is really difficult for me!)...
On May 27, Marietta, Susan, Tiffany and I went to the midnight movie premiere of Sex And The City 2.  Of course we had to dress up!  I was Charlotte and Tiff was Carrie.  We had a great time!



On Memorial Day weekend, Bill and Marietta had a wonderful party at their beautiful home.  It was Allison's first time back in the water since last summer!  This is her staring in amazement at the water!


Allison decided she truly is an artist!  She loves to color!



We went to the Borger Beach Bash!  It is certainly an annual June tradition!


We went to the most BEAUTIFUL wedding ever!  I have a sorority sister, Jennilee, who is from Amarillo.  We had the privilege of being able to attend her gorgeous wedding.  Here are a few pictures we took with our camera.  Trust me, this does not do it justice! It was a seated formal dinner for all her guests.  They filled up every bit of space in the Amarillo Country Club!  It was AH-MAZING!


We had a "last supper" for the Ristrophs' the night before they left for Singapore.  Oh, by the way, Borger has a Bennigan's now!  That is huge...our first chain restaurant!


While at the "last supper,"  Allison grabbed George and kissed him several times.  She kisses him a lot, but this is the first time it has been captured on camera!

Watch out, Daddy!

Allison and I told the Ristrophs' goodbye (with tears) right before they left Borger for the last time.  Allison wore her precious Singapore suite Tiff brought back for her.  I love it!  It is my favorite new outfit on her!


I turned the big 28 on June 8. My sweet husband brought me lovely flowers to celebrate!  He also pre ordered the iPhone 4 for me!  Yea!  My iPhone 3G has only been working in speaker phone mode for quite some time now.  It will be nice to have a working phone!

Some of my wonderful friends took me to lunch and gave the cutest gifts!  Look at this lemonade set Susan gave me!  Too cute!


Nick and I had a tshirt quilt made with a lot of our old Kappa and Sig Ep tshirts.  It finally came in after 3 months!  We love it!  It is HUGE!!!!


We went to Norman last weekend.  We stayed with Brett and Alesha.  On Friday, June 11, I had my 10 year Kappa Pledge Class Reunion. It was so fun!  There were about 40 of us that showed up to celebrate.

Here I am with Emily!  We lived together our Junior year in the house.  She looks great!


Allison loved playing at Brett and Alesha's house.


While in Oklahoma, we had the opportunity to attend our friend, Jason's movie premiere at the DeadCenter Film Festival.  What a wonderful accomplishment for him to have his movie screened for so many to see!

You can watch Jason's film, Sunny Day, if you click here.  It really is very funny.  He is truly talented and we are so thrilled for his success.

And mostly, we are continuing to have fun with this cute little toddler!


She still loves Elmo, Margo and currently the Usher song, "OMG."  Yes, at some point, I will post a video of the dance routine that occurs when she hears her song.
Hope this helps catch you up on our little life.  Hopefully I can keep up better from now on. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Taylor-Made Wife said...

I can't get over how tall Allison is! Thanks for updating. I loooove the shirt quilt. We keep saying we are going to do one and then I don't :)

Sarah and Mike said...

I love that quilt! I want to get one made so badly. Who made yours?