Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Singapore Comes To Houston!

I know I have been a blog slacker lately, but come on, it's summer!  Afternoons are spent by the pool and Allison is well, busy, so the blog comes behind almost everything else. I will rewind and start in June when our dear friends, the Ristroph's, came to stay with us for a week.  We had a great time and made lots of lasting memories.  However, their visit made me even more sad that they live a whole 26 hour plane ride away. We picked the lovely ladies up and took them straight to Papasito's to get a little Mexican food fix.  Allison remembered Ms. Tiffany, Caroline and Mary Claire. It is like the year did not pass at all.  I was truly amazed.  

Allison loved it because the girls had a slumber party in her room.  Let's just say it was a fun week filled with lots of night time laughs and very little sleep!
We shopped a lot, ATE a lot and even managed to fit working out (almost) daily in.  That is rather impressive!  One day, we even went to a blueberry farm to pick blueberries.  Too fun!




What a fun day!  We still have a pretty good stash in the freezer!  They make great snack and I am still planning on whipping up some homemade blueberry muffins at some point!  After the farm, we had more Mexican food, this time...Chuy's!


It's Houston in the summer...it's hot!  We spent a lot of time in the pool.  Here are the girls at our  friend, Mackenzie's house...
Here we are with Lexie at Kingwood Country Club...
And here we are at Walden Country Club...
 Ha!  I love the above picture!  The kids took it for us and we told them, "Neck up! No tummies!"  They certainly follow directions well!
We also introduced the Ristroph's to our yogurt shop, Tutti Frutti, YUM!  We went back more than once!
While Tiffany was in town we had a fun girl's night out dinner. It was a great way for her to see some old friends and everyone to mix and mingle. We had a fabulous time!

I was even fortunate enough to have Tiffany in town for my 29th birthday.  Last year, she moved across the world the day before my 28th, so being able to spend it with one of my best friends was truly priceless.  We had a fun day.  We spent the morning working out and then headed to Niko Niko's for some delicious Greek food.



We followed it up with a little trip to Anthropologie. Luckily, we had some lovely babysitters in tow to entertain Allison!
We finished off the afternoon with trip to Sprinkles! YUM!  I wish I had one right now!

 My yummy pumpkin cupcake!


 This picture is a mess! It was melt down time!  Allison was exhausted and passed out the moment we left sprinkles!




That night, Tiffany was sweet enough to take Allison with her to The Woodlands so Nick and I could go on a birthday date.  What a sweet friend! Of course, Allison had a blast!



The week came to  a close much too quickly.  We miss our friends so much and wish they lived closer.  Although, we are thrilled they are happy and are having the opportunity of a lifetime in Singapore! Not to fret, it is "farewell" and not "goodbye," we will see them again soon!

Some pictures in this blog post were taken by Tiffany, Christie and our friend, Mackenzie.  Mackenzie is a professional photographer, please check out her blog here.

No comments: