Allison and I flew down for a quick trip to Fort Worth the last week of June. As always, it was a blast. It was so nice to stay with Cici and Poppy. It was also wonderful to see a lot of our family and some old friends along the way. Of course Allison had an absolute blast with two of her favorite people in the entire world, Cici and Poppy. She learned some valuable information at their house: 1. Once you pull up to your grandparents' house, start asking for a cookie...99% of the time, your request will be granted. 2. Ask to watch Elmo ALL THE TIME. Once again, 99% of the time your grandparents will stop whatever they are doing and grant your request. 3. Even if you act like a toot, your grandparents still think you are precious! They are way more fun than your mom!
We had so much fun and really tried to take advantage of fun things to do in the city. One day, we went to the Fort Worth Zoo. We took Allison to the zoo a little over a year ago, so obviously this time was a lot different. She was enthralled (and a little scared) with the animals. Here are a few pictures...
It rained while we were there, so we went into the aquarium for a bit. Allison was mesmerized.
Well, she was mesmerized until this guy came along...
She definitely came running when the big turtle came her way!
Those sweet and generous grandparents bought her a Zoo t-shirt. She was so proud of it and put it on immediately after we returned home. Oh and she also had to wear her sunglasses in the house. She's cool like that.
There were lots of trips to the neighborhood park as well. Allison said the words, "Bye," "Park," "I go," and "Slide" more times than I can count. Once again, she figured out those sweet grandparents do everything possible to accommodate her request.
Allison was able to see her GranMimi, Great Aunt Martha and lots of her second and third cousins. We had a great time! As usual, I did not have my camera out for many of the festivities. I can't imagine why I have not been taking as many pictures as usual. Oh, that's right because Allison does not really like to sit still and the pictures turn out like this...
"I have to RUN! Why do you make me sit still, Mom!?!?!"
Let's try it again. Here is Allison with Cici and GranMimi.
Much Better.
We ran up to Wichita Falls for the day to see my Grandmother Ruth and Grandfather James. I feel really blessed that I still have three of my grandparents. I am so thankful they are getting to spend time with Allison.
Allison went to her idea of Heaven one day. Cici and I took her the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History to see, "One World, One Sky." It was a Big Bird/Elmo movie in the Planetarium. She loved it. She still talks about stars a lot and I attribute it to that experience. We walked around the museum for a bit after the movie. She enjoyed looking at everything.
Thanks for everything Mom and Dad (aka Cici and Poppy). It was a blast! Love to you both!
5 hours ago

1 comment:
Hey-You were supposed to call me lady!! Looks like y'all had such a great time! She is growing like a weed (the pretty weeds with flowers).
Post a Comment