Allison and I took a Mommy and Me swim class at the Country Club a couple of weeks ago. We had a great time! I really feel like it was a beneficial thing to do. Allison is already half fish. She loves the pool, but these lessons really got her comfortable in the water. The only difficult part was dipping her head under water. That was tough on her (and me!). The first day of class, we had to dip the babies under the water. We played "Ring-Around-The-Rosies" and at the "...all fall down!" part; we counted to three, blew in the babies' face and put them under! Of course, when I brought her up, she was crying. After she calmed down, she looked at me and in a very serious tone, she said, "Mama. MAMA!" She was in absolute shock! Poor thing! The next day during the dipping exercise, she asked for her daddy. I'm sure she thought, "Daddy would never do this to me." I explained that daddy was at work. So the third day, she requested her other hero, Elmo. She asked for Elmo during the dipping exercise until Friday (the last day of class).
However, Allison enjoyed it all (even the dipping) and after each exercise, she would shout, "Again! Again!" I loved it and I feel so fortunate we had the opportunity to take the class. Nick was able to come watch our last day and took some pictures.
She's not a ham or anything, is she?
Jumping off the side is her favorite thing! She says, "Two! Again! Two!" When she want to jump again. I guess she is trying to do her "1, 2, 3 Jump!" count.
Enjoy being a fish the rest of the summer!
5 hours ago

1 comment:
Allison is so adorable, she always seems so happy!
I think the dunking part might have scarred me a little bit (as the dunker), glad it turned out okay! And asking for Elmo is just too funny!
Post a Comment