Friday, February 11, 2011

"As One Must Visit Europe To See The Living Past, So One Must Visit Southern California To Observe The Future."

Nick and I left for Orange County on January 6.  I was so thrilled because I knew I would see TONS of celebrities.  They are a dime a dozen in Southern California, right?  Well, appearantly not where I hang out. I soon realized that I did not need the celebrities.  The scenery and amazing friends with us were better than celebrities any day!
On our first full day, Nick and I toured Laguna Beach and went up to Dana Point for a delicious FRESH sushi lunch. We had a great day taking it all in.








We were in Laguna for our dear friends', Jason and Erica's wedding.  Jason was in our wedding almost seven years ago.  Now it was Nick's turn to be the groomsman for his dear friend.  We went to their rehearsal at their incredible venue, Ranchos Las Lomas.  Click here to see this incredible place.  Words truly cannot describe how breathtaking this place is; you just have to see it to believe it.





The next day, a group of us headed down to Huntington Beach to take in a surf competition.  What a California thing to do!  We enjoyed it.  Even though yours truly with her red lipstick and boots further proved that I am a Southern girl and not at all a California girl!



The only surfer I could ever name, Kelly Slater.

Nick and the groom!
After taking in the "surfer feel" of Huntington, we headed up to Newport Beach.  I LOVED it!  What a quaint little town full of shopping, amazing beach homes and great food!

While in Newport, we had to try a frozen banana.  Nick nor I watched Arrested Development, but all of our friends that were with us that day were fans.  Apparently the banana stand in Newport is a very important plot point in the show. All I can say is, that banana was delicious!



That night we went to the lovely rehersal dinner at Moambique in Laguna Beach.  It was wonderful.  
And here they are...the wonderful couple.  We truly could not be happier for both of them.  What a blessed life they will have together!

The next day was the big day! It truly was one of the most magical, wonderful weddings I have ever seen.  There were so many pieces to that day that were just so "Erica and Jason."  One being the boys' shoes.  Jason gave his groomsmen OU shoes to wear. 


Brooke and I got to help as an impromptu house party!
Another spectacular "just Jason" piece of the wedding was his vintage thrift store suite he wore.  He has had that suite since college and it was so him to wear on his wedding day!
The reception was as beautiful as the wedding.  It had delicioius food, great music and lots of dancing!  What a wonderful time!
Jason's dad surprised everyone with a song he wrote and performed for Jason and Erica.  So moving!
I really can't say enough about the wedding.  It was just so very special.  If you have not had the chance to watch their wedding video, please click here.  I promise, you have seen nothing like it and you will be moved.

The next day, Nick and I flew out to Sacremento.  We drove down to San Diego to hike a bit in Torrey Pines and see the ocean before we headed north.  I am so glad we did.  It might be one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen.





I will be back with our northern adventure soon!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe you don't watch Arrested Development! You should check it out, I think you would like it!

Molly said...

I love your little red and white hounds tooth jacket!