Friday, February 18, 2011

Even Though We Are Miles Apart, We will Always Be Sisters In Our Hearts!

I am truly blessed. I have a lot of friends.  I have a lot of dear friends; whether they are old or new, I am so thankful for the relationships that we have with each other.  I have one friend in particular that I am truly always thankful for, Cathleen.  Cathleen and I have been friends since we were six years old and started taking tennis lessons together at Briarcrest Country Club in Bryan.  Some of my fondest memories of childhood were spent with Cathleen.  We spent a lot of hours playing in her playroom, watching Grease 2 and playing Barbies until we were embarrassingly too old to be playing with Barbies.  My family and I moved from Bryan when I was 10 years old, however, Cathleen and I only furthered our friendship.  She came up to Fort Worth to visit me in the summers, while I went to Bryan to see her.  We spent time at her family ranch in Bandera and also lots of trips to Austin and Houston in between.  Cathleen attended Baylor and I attended OU.  We did not let the miles stop us from seeing one another.  In fact, I have a very vivid memory of going to see her at Baylor and meeting Jon, the boy who would later become her  crazy, fun loving husband.  I also remember her coming to visit me at OU right after I met Nick, my future soul mate.  She stood next to me and served as the maid of honor in our wedding; the most sacred job any friend can do.  I later had the privilege to be a bridesmaid in her wedding as well.  As one can see Cathleen is a true gem of a friend.  She is not one that I have to talk to on a daily or even monthly basis.  She is a friend that I can speak with every so often and it will be as if no time has passed at all. I know that I can truly talk to her about anything and she probably knows me better than just about anyone.  Cathleen and Jon have been living in Europe for the past three years.  Unfortunately, I do not get to see her often since there is a whole ocean between us.  However, at the beginning of February, she was in the states and made the time to come stay with us for a couple of nights!  What a fun, wonderful time we had!  She was witness to Houston's snow day (although neither of us saw any snow) and was able to hopefully relax a bit at the Spencer house.  It was nice just "to be." We ate a lot, ran a bit, watched some movies and drank a bit while we were at it.  Words cannot say how much it means to me that she came all the way to Houston to see us and spend time with us. Now, Nick and I need to get ourselves over to Europe to see those Cloughs!  Thanks Cathleen!  I love ya tons!  Oh and Cathleen is a great blogger, check out her site here.
Nick made fun of us in this picture because of our ever present "head tilt."  
We tried it again...

And the newest little addition to our friendship, Allison, we can't wait until she is into Barbies.  She might need our help! 
Thanks again, Cathleen! You are the best!!! 

No comments: