Well, I am sure most of you know exactly what this entry is all about! We are so proud to announce the arrival of our little lamb, Allison Claire Spencer! She was born on Friday, October 17 at 5:40 pm. She weighed 5 lbs 10 oz and was 19 3/4 inches long! If you ask Nick and me, we say she is perfect!
Allison decided to enter the world exactly two weeks early. I guess she decided she did not want to be known as, "Boo!" for the rest of her life! On Thursday, October 16, I went to work as usual. I battled Braxton Hicks for about a month so I really did not think twice when I started having some pretty strong contractions. I did think twice however when I realized they were 7-8 minutes a part for about three hours. I went to my doctor. He explained they were real contractions and to please come back if they got stronger. So, I went back to work! After all, what was I going to do? Sit at home and wait? Well, at about 3:30 they were much stronger. I went back to the doctor and he sent me to labor and delivery at the hospital. Nick was with me at this point. They hooked me up to monitors and watched. The doctor came in at 5:00 and said he would be back to check on me at 8:00. When he came back, he explained my body progressed on it's own, so he wanted me to stay over night. If it did not progress much further that he would induce me at 7:00 am. So sweet Nick and I stayed in the hospital. The next morning, they induced. At 4:00, the doctor checked on me and said that he would probably not see me until 8:00 or 9:00 that night and not to get discouraged. After all, this is our first baby! Well, Allison nor I wanted to wait. At 5:40, she arrived! The poor doctor was out running when the nurses called him! But, he made it! And most importantly, Allison made it!
Nick and I stayed over night Friday in the hospital, but we were able to go home Saturday evening. We had a great experience at the Borger hospital.
We are just so proud of our little one. I know everyone says the feeling is indescribable, well it is. We love her so much!
As for our other baby, Margo, she is trying very hard. She is very curious and seems to like Allison; it will just take some adjusting.
Please enjoy the pictures of our sweet baby. I am sure the blog will be updated more frequently now since we have a little doll to update everyone on!

No comments:
Post a Comment