We woke up early the next morning...July 3...Nick's and my five year wedding anniversary! Alesha and I went for a run while the boys stayed with Allison. After running, our hostess with the mostess, Alesha made us wonderful waffles. The boys went on to the "golf store" and Alesha and I went to campus corner to shop. I have to include a couple of shots of Allison. Here she is in Brett's OU hat...she is a Sooner already!
We decided not to let her wear the hat out and about, so here is her outfit for the day!
Alesha and I met the boys for lunch at one of our favorite Norman spots, BisonWitches. Two excellent things occurred at lunch. First off, our dear friend Tim Marbach was in town. He lives in Sacramento, CA now so we very rarely see him. He was in Dallas visiting family and he was so kind to drive all the way to Norman to play golf with Nick and Brett. What a fun treat! We had a great time seeing him and can't wait to visit again and also see his wife, Mel, and their 13 month old daughter, Ryn. The other wonderful thing at lunch...Nick had these flowers for me.

But he also had a box from Mitchell's Jewelry. Nick and Brett did not go to a golf store at all! They went to the jewelry store to pick up a BEAUTIFUL strand of pearls for my anniversary gift! HOW SWEET AND WONDERFUL! I am certainly a pearl girl. Nick knows this! They are my favorite! What a wonderful surprise!
The boys went on to the golf course. It was a 109 degrees! I have no idea how they did it! Alesha and I went on to the mall! That evening Brett and Alesha cooked an incredible dinner for us! It was a blast! My theory on life...good food, good wine, good friends, what more do you need? I had to have a picture of Nick and I taken to commemorate our special day. We were a little sweaty after the 109 degree day, but oh well!
On the Fourth of July, the boys went to go play golf again (surprise, surprise!) and Alesha and I went for another run (surprise, surprise!). That run was such a treat. We drove to the OU campus and ran down "Greek Row." I never in a million years thought I would be pushing a running stroller around that area! It brought back so many wonderful memories. I was truly blessed in my college experience. I cherish every moment and every memory. Even though we were running, sweaty and I only had my camera phone; I had to take a picture with Allison in front of the Kappa house! I tease her and call her "my KKG to be!" However, I always explain she can do whatever she wants! No pressure!

After the boys finished up, we went to Brett's aunt and uncle's house to swim. Beautiful can only begin to describe this pool. It was AMAZING! Of course Allison had a great time!
After our fun afternoon, we headed to another favorite spot in Norman, The Mont. Anyone familiar with OU or Norman knows that The Mont is a staple. The swirls are still amazing! Unfortunately, the rain began to fall. We did not make it to any fireworks, but that is OK. Allison will be much more aware of the Fourth Festivities next year!
Sunday morning, Alesha and I started with a run then we all went for breakfast at the airport. Ozzie's Diner was one of Nick's favorite spots...breakfast food and airplanes...all in one place! After our meal, we loaded up for the drive west. We always have such a great time in Oklahoma, but it is always so difficult too. We always want to see tons of people. We are so blessed, it seems like we never make it to all of them! Thank you Alesha and Brett! You all ROCK! Also, thanks Tim, we miss you!

4 comments:
OH! The Mont, Bisonwitches AND the Kappa house! You had the best anniversary ever! You're lucky you married a Sooner...I doubt Drew would find a visit to Campus Corner and North Greek a fun anniversary trip...SIGH!
I love the picture of you and Allison in front of the Kappa house. I like to tell Will he will marry a Kappa one day! :) HA!
Taryn, You are sweet. You can convert Drew. I am totally confident in that! Isn't he a full fledged longhorn? You might have to really work at it!
Sarah, I know! Will has to marry a Kappa! :) I always get a little "sorority happy" this time of year. I have been writing Recs for girls and I just miss it when I think back to it! :)
Oh how this post makes me miss Norman!! I can't imagine what it would feel like to stroll around with a jogging stroller, that's hilarious! ;) A swirl...mmmmm....
I'm so glad you all had a great trip! Oh yes, thank you THANK YOU for sending me along Katie's blog! I love it! :)
Post a Comment