One thing that has not changed since I had Allison is my love and fascination with celebrity. Yes, I am one of those people that feed the all encompassing media. I read US Weekly. I watch E! like it's going out of style. I read Perez Hilton. Yes, I am one of those people. If it's trashy, tacky and full of celebrity gossip, I love it. I also love celebrities that are famous for no reason. I enjoy Paris Hilton, the Kardashian's and Nicole Richie (who is probably my favorite one, but has actually become a parent and an arguably responsible adult). One of these people is Tori Spelling. Yes, Tori is famous for a reason. She starred on Beverly Hills 90210 (still a favorite in my heart) for 10 years. She has been in movies and now has a reality show. But, let's face it, Tori had the opportunity to become famous because she is Aaron Spelling's daughter. I have always liked her, but I can honestly say I really like her now. Tori is an author. Not only is she an author, she is a good one!
I read sTori Telling in March. Nick told me I was contributing to the down fall of modern society by purchasing a book written by Tori Spelling. But honestly, it was great! I read it so fast and I laughed! She is funny, truly funny! I really felt like I knew her after reading it.

After reading sTori Telling, I had to follow it up with her second book, Mommywood. If you are a new mother, read it. Yes, Tori has a nanny, yes she is wealthy, but one can still relate to her. She has funny kid stories that we all have and she even has entire chapters that are easy for younger, new moms to relate to (IE "Before I had kids...") All in all, they are quick, easy reads. If I am going to make the time to read a book, it has to be easy and it must be fun. Tori conquers both of those qualities in both of her books. Go ahead, help me contribute to the down fall of modern society and read a Tori Spelling book! Happy beach reading!

3 comments:
I am hooked on Tori and Dean! Someday I may get a chance to read again and I'll snag her book!
Some day, right?! I can't imagine how busy it is with two babies! I think about that all the time when I feel overwhelmed with one. You are amazing!
OMG Kelly we are sooo cousins! I am addicted to the exact same things. Chris calls it mindless idiocy. But, what do our sweet husbands know right? Jill is the same way and I am slowly getting Melissa to watch some of the "good" shows. Thanks for the blog updates I love reading them! XOXO to you, Nick, & Allison!
Post a Comment