On Saturday, our "Borger Running Club" (there is certainly not an official running club of any type, but we feel like we have enough runners in Borger to form one!) headed to Amarillo compete in the Junior League Run For The Hills 7K. We had to do it; there is a cute red high heel on the t-shirt! And all the proceeds from the race go to the League House, which happens to be a great cause. It was rainy and stormy all day Friday so there was question of whether or not the race would still happen. Fortunately, with a little mist, the race still went on!
Here we are: Shad, Shaynna, me, Jenny and Curt!
Shaynna and I certainly had our BEST time at this race! She took off and I tried to keep up! She finished about a minute ahead of me! She was just too fast that day! Awesome job, everybody! I wore my watch of course, so you can see the course here: Run for the Hills 7K by jellykellyq at Garmin Connect - Details and here are the official results. My finish time was 34:43 and I was 33rd overall out of 145 people. I was really pleased, but most of all had a GREAT time with all of our Borger friends!
Oh and I forgot to mention, Shaynna still finished in 33:54 even though this happened with in the first few moments of the race...
But, she came back, FAST...
Obviously, the rain took a toll on all of our mascara, but Shaynna's in particular...
Poor thing! Shad ran with their dog, Jack and he knocked her down, but she kept moving...fast obviously! Oh and Jack's die hard tactics won him "First Dog," sure, he was the only dog, but still, he and Shad really did go super fast finishing in 33:15...amazing time!
Curt and Jenny did a great job and completed the run without training! They did wonderful!
And my motivation to finish was screaming "MAMA! MAMA!" from the sidelines! Thanks, cheerleader Allison!
Of course, we hit the usual Joe Taco for Mexican food and margaritas. That is quickly becoming an Amarillo race tradition! Hey, it's happy hour all day on Saturday, we have to refuel, right!?
I can't wait for our next race! Happy Tuesday, everybody!
5 hours ago

3 comments:
I am so jealous of your running ability! Great job girls...and puppy.
Nice run, Kelly! Someday, someday, I'll be back to it. Although it gets depressing to think about all the speed I've lost. Sigh.
Thanks for the sweet comments Kelly!
The last 5k was the Jim Thorpe. This weekend we are doing the Andy Payne Memorial there is 5 & 10k and the half & full marathon (I'm doing the 5k)
I'm not fast by any stretch of the imagination. I'm really starting to enjoy it!
Keep posting your races I love reading about them! (and looking at your garmin stats!)
Post a Comment