Monday, May 17, 2010

Spring Wedding Keno

Every month I attend a Keno group with 11 other ladies.  It is a great time to relax, eat, chit chat and have a glass of wine.  Every person hosts it at their house one month out of the year.  My month happens to be May. Last year, Keno actually fell on May 5, so we had a Cinco De Mayo Fiesta.  I chose the theme "Spring Wedding."  I asked everyone to wear an old bridesmaid dress.  I decorated with tacky wedding decorations and served "bridal shower" type food.  Everyone brought gift/prizes like one would register to receive as a wedding gift.  Here is the menu...

Chicken Salad Sandwhiches
Fresh Spring Fruit and Fruit Dip



Spinach Salad in Homemade Parmesan Cups



I also prepared a puffed pastry filled with Nutella for dessert.  I forgot to take a picture, but they were super easy and super yummy!

A few shots of the table scape....

Gorgeous fresh flowers (Keno is ALWAYS a good excuse to buy fresh flowers!)  Oh and yes, that is wedding confetti and fake big diamonds on the table (oh so fancy!)

A crate paper bouquet (Just in case y'all were wondering, Martha Stewart put her name on this creation)



A third little table topper, a topiary that stays in my bathroom the other 364 days of the year



The whole look!  (my table plus two card tables to accommodate all 12 of us!)


And of course...THE DRESSES!  Thank you for Cathleen, my yellow one is precious!  I wore this for my dearest and oldest friend, Cathleen's wedding!  It really is cute, but there were certainly some fun ones in this group!


I am sure the neighbors wondered what was occurring in the Spencer house on a Tuesday night!


We had some ladies that came straight from work and such too.  They had a good excuse not to pull out their dresses and looked beautiful as well!


We really did have a great time as usual!


And I MUST post a solo picture of my favorite...Miss Lisa!  This was her prom dress 16 years ago!  She looked AWESOME!!


I need to start plotting next year's theme now!  It is always fun to see what people come up with to wear!

No comments: