Saturday, August 28, 2010

I heart Bethenny!

I feel like most of you know me pretty well after displaying my life of the blog.  Most of you know I am pretty health conscious.  I try to be very careful (for the most part) about what I put into my body (and my family's).  I feel like there are so many things in this world that we cannot control.  We can't control the air we breathe, we can't control other drivers, etc., but we CAN control what we CHOOSE to put in our bodies.  Why not make healthy choices if the option is the available?  Another thing most of you know about me is that I am a Real Housewives fanatic.  Nick calls it "trash," I call it "awesome!"  What can I say, I am very blessed in the sense that my life is pretty uneventful (that's a good thing); why not watch someone else's drama?!
OK, so you might be questioning where I am headed with this post...health conscious plus Housewife drama= my new "go-to-girl" in the kitchen...
BETHENNY!


I bought both of Bethenny's books last week, "Naturally Thin" and "The Skinnygirl Dish."



I LOVE both of them! In fact, I am having a hard time putting them down.  You should see my nightstand, "Eat, Pray, Love" and "Toddlerwise" both got pushed to the bottom of the stack when the Bethenny books arrived.  It's not that anything she writes is that life changing or monumental, it's just good common sense.  I try to cook as healthy, raw, organic and as EASY as possible.  Bethenny's recipes are truly made for us.  I highly recommend purchasing these books.  I promise you, it is worth the money.  Over the last week, I made her stuffed peppers, chicken pasta peppers and onions and her Boo Boo Banana Bread.  And another reason I love Bethenny....skinny girl margaritas!! I absolutely love wine, I really do, but the calories can add up pretty quick.  Her skinny girl margaritas are a great alternative when I want to watch my caloric intake and still have a drink.  
I know I am biased because I am totally on "team Bethenny" and I cried during almost every episode of Bethenny Getting Married?, but even Nick loves the new recipes.  She also preaches the benefits of yoga in her books.  My boot camp is on hiatus right now, so after runs I have been doing my old yoga DVDs.  I love it and should have never put them up. I feel better and stronger than I have felt in a long time.
I urge you if you are questioning what to cook, check out Bethenny's  website and try one of her recipes.  I think you will like it!  Cheers to skinny girl margaritas!

3 comments:

Keri said...

Kelly!!! Tiffany told me about your blog and I had to come check it out. Since I feel like I know you and all.......the girl in the cherry shirt! I had to laugh reading this post. I, too, like the Housewives only I just watch the OC one. Actually, I watch nada now since they don't have that show here. I am, however, a People magazine fanatic so I keep up with all of them there! Tiffany misses you, but we are trying our best to love on her.....I feel incredibly blessed to have met her! Don't mind me if I now stalk your blog......heehee

Kimberly said...

Ha, ha, I have to agree with Nick on this one!!! My nutritionist and trainer is quick to explain the harder the liquor the more calories and worse for your body!! It is all MODERATION!!!! Callie loves the housewives.... I actually have a friend (chi-o sis) who is a Real Housewife of ShengHi (sp?)!!!! Is it cooling off there yet??

Anonymous said...

Oh man I completely love Bethenny too! I cried in all of her getting married episodes - I thought it was just because I'm pregnant. She's so great! I'm going to have to check out her recipe book!!