Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Inaugural Brierwood 5K Fun Run

Thanks to a crafty engineer, our little west Texas town decided to join the rest of the world and have a 5K run.  A boy that works with Nick had a desire to put together a 5K and see how many Borger runners would step up and join. It did not cost anything to run and the run did not benefit anything. Although for all you Office fans out there, we joked that it was the "5,000 Mile Run to Cure Rabies." There were some differences though, this race actually went in a loop and Micheal Scott (to our knowledge) was not involved.  I really wanted to see it succeed, so I took it upon myself to be a one woman PR firm to get the word out. With all the word of mouth, we had 23 runners!  Pretty amazing for a first time event!  It just so happened that our running friends Brett and Alesha were visiting from Norman for the weekend so they were able to run as well. We had a great weekend with the Leemaster's and such a fun time at the run.  Thanks for organizing it, Kyle!  Here are some pictures...

Getting ready to line up for the start..

And we're off!


Of course Brett finished super fast!


Alesha did AWESOME!

Some of our friends were silly and put the finish line back up for me, so I had to be dramatic!

And the best part of the race...my two loves participated as well! Way to go Nick!  This was his first 5k!


All of the participants...

I was able to finish in 27 minutes and 5 seconds.  I was pretty pleased with my time since I have not raced since May.  Of course I wore my watch, here is the course if you want to take a look...
Hopefully we will have a second race again soon!

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

Oh how fun!!

Glad that Nick (and Allison) got to participate too!