"Twas the morning of kick off, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;
The OU flag was hung by the porch with care,
In hopes that a Stoops’ victory would soon be there;
The baby was nestled all snug in her red,
While visions of Boomer and Sooner danced in her head;
And mamma in her OU threads, and Nick in his cap,
Had just settled down for a game day clap,
When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
We sprang from the couch to see what was the matter.
Away to the TV I flew like a flash,
Tore open the shutters and watch the new quarterback and his moustache.
The moon on the arm of the fallen Bradford
Gave the lustre of Sooner sadness of the field below,
When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a BYU team, with Big Cougars to fear,
With players, so lively and quick,
I knew in a moment our bad luck would stick.
More rapid than eagles his coursers they came,
And they whistled, and shouted, and called them by name;
Bob sprang to his feet, to his team gave a whistle,
And away they lost like the down of a thistle.
But I heard him exclaim, ere he drove out of sight,
Next week we’ll be back and we will win on that night!"
BOOMER SOONER!!! Yes, we had a tough start on Saturday, but we will be back! Feel better, Sam!
""Twas the Morning of Kick off" poem by Kelly Spencer set to the original "'Twas the Night Before Christmas" by Clement Clark Moore or Henry Livingston

5 comments:
MY GOSH!!! YOUR POEM AUGHT TO BE PUBLISHED!!! YOU ARE TOO GOOD!!! Your flowers look BEAUTIFUL!!! LOVE ALL OF YOU TONS!!! MOM
I LOVE your poem! TOO FUNNY! Your house is so pretty!
... And you say you are not creative??!! Too cute. We are so sad for Bradford (I want him to take horrible Romo's job)!! But as a Mountain West girl, it was a great conference win!!!
xxx kim
Thank you all, I appreciate it! We'll pray for a better game against Idaho State next week! BOOMER SOONER!!!
YOU ROCK! That's awesome Kelly!!!
Post a Comment