Monday, October 5, 2009

Happy Fall Y'all!

I love Fall! I love the crispness of everything. I adore apples, coffee, cinnamon, Sooner Football, pansies and pumpkins. I especially love Halloween! Nick and I both look forward to it for 11 months a year! Now that Allison aka "Baby Boo" is here, it makes October incredibly exciting! Here are a few pictures of our Fall decor...






Here are a couple of pumpkins I painted. I took the idea for Allison's "monogrammed" pumpkin from Erin's blog. She made a cute "A" pumpkin for her daughter, Addison. I also painted a pumpkin for Nick and me. I am not artistic so I was just thrilled you could actually read the pumpkins!




Here is our dining room table.



And here is a pumpkin lollipop bouquet that I made in preparation for Allison's birthday. The theme is predominately cupcakes and lollipops, but I must throw some Fall/Halloween elements in. My goodness, "Baby Boo" was due on Halloween, she just debuted a bit early.




Everything is about to come up pansies at the Spencer house. Some impatiens get to stay while others have fallen victim to our forty degree temperatures at night. This is my first try at pansies. Wish me luck! I will post an "after" picture after all are planted.




And the best part...we ordered Allison's Halloween costume last night! She was an itty bitty pumpkin last year! She is going to be Raggedy Ann this year! PRECIOUS! I can't wait!

6 comments:

Sarah and Mike said...

Happy Birthday Month to Allison! Your yard looks awesome, I love all the decorations!! Very very cute!

Nate, Abbey, Noah, Blaire and Tatum said...

So cute! I love the decor!

Taylor-Made Wife said...

I love the vase with the pumkins!! I try so hard to be creative, but I never follow-through. I'm also too cheap to have soemone else be creative for me, so our house is currently "typical" much to my dismay!

Erin said...

You clever little thing you!! Allison's pumpkin is just darling...way to go!!! You might give it a spray of clear coat so the paint won't run if it gets wet!

Spencer's Take Singapore said...

Oh my gosh! You all are so sweet! You made my day!
Thank you Sarah! Will looks precious in his new walking picture! GO WILL!!!
Thanks Abbey! I hope you are feeling well!
Chelsea, you are so sweet! I am cheap too, but Hobby Lobby has whatever season on 50% off almost every week. I use that vase all the time, it was an on sale pottery barn purchase 4 years ago. But honestly, I use fake lemons/limes in the spring/summer, fake pumpkins (that I bought half off at Hobby Lobby 3 years ago in the fall), Christmas balls in December and conversation hearts in Feb. Trust me, on a budget and it still works! I am sure your house looks beautiful!
Erin! Thanks for the tip! I love the blog! Allison and I look at it daily. She claps and waves at Addi!

Erin said...

Well, Addi and I will wave back tonight! I got her shirt in Norman at Tiny Tulips (405.217.9322). Ask for Lindsi and tell her you want an OU shirt like Addison's...our kids go to daycare together. They are the softest little shirt I've ever felt. They came in white too, but we don't keep white things very white so we opted for the red one. Boomer Sooner on Saturday!