Friday, November 6, 2009

The Annual Country Club Halloween Party


We had a FABULOUS, FUN and BUSY Halloween weekend! I have enough material for several posts! We will see if I can manage my time and get them all up at one point or another!
Last Friday night was the Country Club Halloween party. In my opinion, it is the most fun party of the year in Borger. It has become quite the tradition among our friends. Before I show you our costumes; let me give you a little background. As most of you all know, Nick is cheap, oops, I mean frugal. Anyway, he does not like to spend money on things that do not make sense. In his mind, Halloween costumes do not make sense. I understand this. The ones we purchased in the past were expensive and cheaply made. We both love Halloween and would rather come up with something we can make. Another piece of the story is that not only is Nick frugal with his Halloween costumes, he also likes to be offensive. I don't mean offensive in a scary or mean way, just funny and a little off color.  What can I say?  We both really like Farrelly Brothers and Judd Apatow movies.  Think along those lines of humor.   I am actually not going to list all of his prior costumes because you might judge us. This is a fairly minor example and I take no responsibility in case I do offend someone. Here are Nick and I two years ago...



I was Paris Hilton (in jail) and Nick was a "Roofie."  Get it?!  OK, see what I am talking about, just slightly offensive and a little off color, but pretty funny.

So this year in trying to decide what to be, we debated for hours.  Finally, like a light bulb it hit me...Tucker Max and Miss Vermont.  OK, this is a family blog, so I am not going to go into the WHOLE story or even the book title for that matter, but Tucker Max is an author.  He is a guy's guy who writes pretty dirty and offensive, but very funny stories about his life and experiences. He is actually on the New York Times Bestseller list.  We found out about him a couple of years ago because they made a movie of his book not too long ago and a friend of a friend is in the movie.  Anyway, Nick and all of his friends read his book and laughed until they cried.  The girls and I read it too.  It was funny, but wow, that is all I can say is wow.  You are probably asking how Miss Vermont comes into the picture.  Well, she dated Tucker Max for a while.  He wrote a story about her and put it on his blog.  She sued him for libel and Tucker actually won.  So the story is still out there!  In September,  Nick and I met the real Tucker Max at a movie premiere in  Norman.  He signed Nick's book and was very nice to us.  Here is a picture of us with him:




So here we are as Tucker and Miss Vermont (the pose by the way is from the cover of the book):



Here are some more pictures from the fun evening!


Kevin and Tiffany were Hans and Heidi, German beer  servers!


James and Susan were swine flu and won most creative! It was cute






Shad and Shaynna were Payne Stewart and a "Shankepotomus" caddy!



Ansley and Payton were pirates.


Kenny and Christa were scarecrows. They won funniest!  They tricked us all.  They told us they were not coming and then they came in this.  We guessed for a long time before anyone figured out it was them!



Here is part of our KENO group!



Oh and the dancing...was there ever dancing!




And more dancing...Here is Nick aka Tucker Max for the evening with a new dance partner!




Wow!  He had some moves! And she was a great sport!

We had a great time and can't wait until next year.  We have almost 12 months to think of costumes again!



So for now, Tucker Max and Miss Vermont are retired, but they had a fabulous time!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Looks like a blast!!! I'll have to share your costumes with Tripp. He's read some of Tucker's books. Our club does a cute party for the kids (Tripp is on the Jr. Board of Director's and puts it on every year), but nothing like this for us big kids. Allison looks precious!

We had a quiet Halloween. Tripp was in Arkansas for the weekend, Callie had stuff with her friends, and Race HATES it! We just chilled.

Can't wait to see more.
xxx kim

Anonymous said...

All I can say is that you guys are awesome!

Spencer's Take Singapore said...

Ha! Thanks! We had a great time! I LOOOOVE Halloween!