Thursday, November 19, 2009

Happy 13 Month Birthday, Allison!

I honestly cannot believe Baby Allison is 13 months old! She turned 13 months old on November 17. She is over a year!  It just blows my mind!  I honestly cannot really remember life without her!  She is such a happy little blessing!  I love hearing her talk and discover new things everyday!  Here is what she is up to:



*Allison took her first steps on November 19, 2009!  She still walks on her tip toes like a little ballerina!  I don't know when she will realize there is an easier way to get around, but it is very cute and dainty for right now!

*Allison is FINALLY weaned!  Her last day to nurse was November 9.  Honestly, as a parent that was the toughest thing I had to do.  I took away the bottle and pacifier at nine months.  That was easy, but weaning her from me was emotionally and physically painful for both of us.  I am so glad for both of us that we are to this point.  I feel very blessed I was able to nurse her as long as I did.  My goal was to do it the entire first year.  We surpassed that goal just a bit and now we are through!



*Allison is still a human garbage disposal.  That girl can EAT!  Her favorites are still pretty much the same:  goldfish crackers, teddy grahms, bananas, apples, soy chick patties, deli meat and pancakes. She is an adventurous  little eater and will try just about everything!  She loves shrimp!  I waited until after she was a year to give her shellfish.  The other night, I made basil shrimp with feta and orzo pasta  and she loved it! Night before last, she ate an entire piece of barbecue shrimp pizza!  She was finally able to try peanut butter not too long ago.  She liked it OK, but did not LOVE it like her mommy and daddy!




*Allison has two favorite things in life...1. Elmo and 2. Dogs. She loves ELMO!  We DVR "Sesame Street" daily and watch it at some point.  I am so excited the new season started!  They have had awesome guest stars:  Jimmy Fallon, Michelle Obama and Sarah Jessica Parker just to name a few.  It certainly helps make the episodes more exciting for the "older than toddler" crowd.  She is OBSESSED with Margo and with all dogs really.  She is constantly looking for dogs and saying, "Dog! Dog! Dog!"  My favorite coffee mug is a green mug with a polar bear on it.  In the mornings when we eat breakfast together, she notices the mug and says, "Dog! Dog! Dog!"  She points to it and gets very excited.  I have to explain to her, it's a bear.

*Allison loves to give kisses and say, "Mmmm-wha!" when she gives them!  It is really cute!



*She still says "Dada" a lot, but fortunately, "Mama" joined in the mix a month ago.  She talks CONSTANTLY.  Nick and I have yet to decide what language she is speaking, but she has a lot to say.  She even "clicks" while talking.  We have noticed she can say, "What's this?" and "the girls." "The girls" is referring to her friends Caroline and Mary Claire.  It's really cute!

*She has six teeth, four on top an two on the bottom.

*She is starting to dance to music!  It is super cute! Nick and I are big fans of the show, "Glee."  Allison loves to watch the musical numbers on the show!



*She still waves and points constantly!  She has yet to meet a stranger!

*She is still going on daily runs with me.  We have to bundle her up quite a bit now.  She still goes to zumba twice a week and watches.  She is certainly a trooper.

*She is still taking two naps a day and sleeping all night.  She goes to bed around 8:00 pm and sleeps until 6:30 am or so.  She will sleep later on the weekends if she stays out late!

*She does great with her babysitters!

*She is curious about EVERYTHING!


She is such a fun girl and every day gets better!  Happy 13 months, Allison!

2 comments:

Taryn said...

Oh it seems like this is SUCH a fun age Kelly - she's getting such a big personality! I love it!

Spencer's Take Singapore said...

Oh, thank you so much, Taryn!