One might call us "Vegas Junkies!" We love it. I went for the first time last January (you can read about that here), Nick went again for a boy's trip in April and we decided to go with the whole "third time is a charm" philosophy and make it out one more time in October 2010. I honestly don't know why I love it there so much. I am not a gambler, but there is just something almost magical about it. I love the lights, the shopping, the sights and the people watching. The free flowing alcohol doesn't hurt either! We went with our dear friends Bill and Marietta and also James and Susan. It was wonderful to go with Susan because it was her first time in Vegas. I think it is such an indescribable place that one cannot truly imagine it until they've seen it with their own two eyes. Here are Susan and I on the way to the strip from the airport!
When we go to Vegas, we tend to eat a lot of meals at the Grand Lux. This trip was no exception. It was our first stop!
James and Susan
Nick and Me
Susan and Marietta
I was super excited about this trip because we were actually going to see a Vegas show! Nick is not much of a "show guy" in general, but when I mentioned that I wanted to see Peep Show with Holly Madison, it didn't take too much convincing. Go watch one of Hugh Hefner's ex-girlfriends parade around a stage? He said that was fine. I think most of y'all know that I am a celebrity junkie. I love them! I also love E! So of course after years of loyally watching Holly on The Girls Next Door and then her own show, Holly's World. I was so excited to actually see her show! The show was at Planet Hollywood. We went over a bit early to look around and have a glass of wine.
Before the show we had to to take pictures with Holly or "Bo Peep!"
James and Susan with Holly...
Nick and Kelly with Holly...
And the ladies...
We all loved the show. It was truly funny and we all laughed out loud several times. It was filled with incredibly talented singers and dancers. The only disappointment...Holly! She was in almost every scene, but she didn't sing or dance. In fact she was awkward most of the time. But, truly that is smart on Peep Show's part. Just have a celebrity name and face in the show and people like Kelly will come see the show! We were not disappointed though. We had a great time.
The next day, the boys went to gamble downtown while Susan, Marietta and I made it to the Vegas outlet mall. It was truly impressive! We all found some great deals and certainly got our fill of shopping! We had to finish up the evening with some drinks and relaxation!
The next day, we did my favorite thing in Vegas...walked the casinos. As I previously said, it is just such an indescribable place filled with incredible architecture and beauty. Our first stop was the MGM. I was able to see the lions this time! They were not in their habitat on our last trip. Isn't this incredible?! This picture is taken looking up at them through their glass. Truly breathtaking and incredible.Just a few other images...
The next day, Nick and I went on a little journey/date. We walked to the Mirage, which I thought was amazing! All of the flowers...wow!
We then went to gamble for just a bit. Remember, I am the girl that doesn't gamble. It makes me nervous and I like to get something for my money, not loose it. Nick was playing a table game and I spotted a Wizard of Oz slot machine. I was wearing my Emerald City green dress, so I thought that might be lucky. Thankfully, I was right. I won $180 on a quarter bet. Needless to say, I cashed out and kept it! Then we headed to one of our favorite spots, Serendipity 3. I decided to play it super healthy and have a PB, J and fluff sandwich. Surely you can sense my sarcasm?
Later that evening, the highlight of my trip came to full fruition. After lunch, I met up with the girls and Nick with the boys. We spent our afternoons separately. We met later that evening around 9:30 at the Venetian. Nick looked awful and said he was not feeling well. He just wanted to go back to the room and rest. As we were leaving, we noticed every twenty something girl in a tight, short dress in Vegas was in the Venetian lobby. It was a mad house. What was going on? Then we remembered...
It's Kim Kardhashian's birthday party! We discussed this banner all week. Nick knew how badly I wanted to see the Kardashians. I know, I know, it is ridiculous, but still, it's that whole celebrity thing. My poor, sick husband stuck around with me so we could watch the red carpet. Then at about 10:30pm...it happened...
Could it be?!
Is it her?
It's KIM!
And oh my! She brought Khloe!
And Kourtney! She is certainly my favorite Kardashian!
And Robert too! Oh wow!
Kim and her entourage, because entourages are super important.
Momeger Kris and her little Kardashian Kash Kows!
Momeger, Khole and Kim
You know your husband loves you unconditionally when he feels awful in Vegas, but will still stand shoulder to shoulder with Jersey Shore look alikes to take pictures of your favorite dysfunctional reality show family. That my friends is true love. Thank you, sweet Nick.
As always, it was a fun trip and I am sure this will not be our last time in Vegas. Also, my friend Taryn just went to Vegas as well. Click here to read about her trip. It is a great read and so very true. I hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment