Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Last Snow For A While

I do not keep it a secret that I dislike the cold.  I really, really, really dislike it.  I am a true summer girl.  I like flips flops, pools, flowers and tans.  I just have a tough time in the Winter.  The days are short and the cold keeps us cooped up in inside.  Typically when snow is in the forecast I pout about it for a few days.  To me, snow is only a good thing on ski slopes.  I know, I know, "Bah-humbug, Kelly!  Tell us how you really feel!"  Well, when snow was in the forecast last week I decided to do something that I so rarely do, enjoy it.  I decided that Allison should experience it since we will be down south in a big city very soon.  I have a feeling that we will not be seeing snow too often!  So, "the girls" (Margo and Allison) and I bundled up to experience the winter wonderland...



Allison was not too sure about the snow.  She loved looking at it through the window, but once we actually ventured out in the elements, she told me, "Snow cold!  Snow wet, mommy!"  I told her she didn't have to tell me twice!  You are preaching to the choir, sister!  My other daughter (the four legged one) LOVES the snow though!

 I am going to miss that view too, Margo.
These two pictures might be my very favorite....

After our time in the back, Allison and I went to the front yard.  She was much happier there.  She could stand on the porch and avoid the cold, wet stuff!

Merry Christmas, everybody! If you want it, I hope it's a white one!

No comments: