OK, I am honestly trying not to tear up here. I don't know if I can keep from doing it, but we'll see. My amazing friend/running buddy, Shaynna, and I ran the Route 66 Half Marathon in November. Our friend Todd came from Borger as well and completed the full marathon. It was a quick trip, but we had a great time. Our sweet husband's and children accompanied us for this race. It's always nice to have support. Besides a little wind, the weather was perfect. I finished in 2:06:37. It's certainly not my best time, but not my worst either. Shaynna did amazing and finished in 2:01:10.
I am trying not to tear up because that was the last race that Shaynna and I will train for together. When people run 26 miles a week together, they form a bond and support that is indescribable. You are each other's rock and inspiration. She is an incredible person and a dear friend. I feel blessed that we had running to strengthen our friendship. The positive part to all of this is that this is NOT our last race together. We can meet in different cities and continue to compete in races together. Training without my friend will be tough though. I think it is going to be tough on Allison too. The other day, I put Allison in the BOB to run. Shaynna was out of town so she was not with us. When I put Allison in her stroller, she threw an awful fit. She was screaming something and so upset. I said, "Allison, what are you saying?" She calmed her crying and said it very clearly,"Shaynna! Where Shaynna? Shaynna!" I explained to her that Shaynna was out of town, but honestly, she still was not happy. I know we will still see each other as often as possible. Plus with the world of telephones, Facebook and marathons, our friendship can still flourish!
We had a wonderful time and will not soon forget it! As always, you can look at my Garmin report from the race Tulsa Half Marathon Route 66 by jellykellyq at Garmin Connect - Details. I forgot to turn off my watch when I crossed the finish line, so it is off a bit, but you can still see the route. Well, Shaynna, we will have to figure out our next race! Time to start that training again!
Just Keep Running!
5 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment