Remember Allison's Santa experience last year? Yes, that one. The one that she almost did not recover from for hours. I had a slight premonition that this year might be similar to last year when she saw a stuffed Santa at the grocery store and said, "Santa Man scary, Mommy!" Well, being the "picture taking" mother that I am, I still thought we would go visit Santa. I feel a little bad that I did not necessarily take traumatizing my child into account, but I assume that by Christmas morning she will LOVE Santa. Santa is way more fun than Mom and Dad! He gives you all sorts of gifts and candy. So what's the worst that could happen?
This happened. I'm not surprised. In fact, it was substantially better than last year. She did not hyperventilate. Santa had a little basket of treats next to him. He pulled one out and she was curious to see.
And it worked. Candy. He offered her candy. Every time we ask Allison what she wants for Christmas, she tells us candy. I can't blame her. I like candy too. Obviously though, Nick and I need to discuss the dangers of accepting candy from strangers because she had no problems taking it!
She got a little closer to Santa, but did not want to sit in his lap. Honestly, can you blame her? What an odd concept. Who wants to sit in some strange man's lap. Me neither.
When she was ready to go, she was ready. The look on her face cracks me up. She wants to make sure he is not coming as well.
Well, she wanted candy for Christmas. I would say Santa delivered and he delivered quickly. Hopefully next year will be even better! Merry Christmas to all!
5 hours ago

2 comments:
Her eyes are gorgeous!
Bribing a kid with candy...oh the shame :)
Post a Comment