Monday, December 28, 2009

A Merry Christmas To All And To All A Good Night!



We had a wonderful, traditional Christmas this year.  It was just the three of us (well four if you count Margo).  That is the first time in our six Christmas' as a married couple that Nick and I have ever experienced that.  We love visiting our families, but it was so nice to not have to rush and hurry around through the holiday.  Santa came straight to our house and that was a treat.  Also, two Christmas miracles happened:  1.  We had a white Christmas! 2.  This very UN- domestic goddess cooked TWO meals!  Wow!  I mean that is impressive, right?!

We had a traditional Christmas Eve dinner of roast turkey, cornbread dressing, mashed potatoes, green beans and cranberry sauce.  Just in case you do not believe me, here is the photo evidence!




Even Allison enjoyed it!




The turkey did not catch on fire, the house did not burn down and nobody got sick; all in all, I would call that a successful cooking venture!  Even Nick said, "Wow, this was all actually really good, Kelly."   That's right, it was really good!

I woke up early the next morning to prepare breakfast.  I had to take a picture of what Santa left in our living room!




I also had to take some pictures of our "winter wonderland" outside!  Our light up bears, penguin and sea lion looked so cute in the snow!








What a wonderful thing...A WHITE CHRISTMAS!!!! This was my first one ever!  Once again to show that I can be a little domestic, I cooked.  I made a Baked Sunrise Frittata and Monkey Bread Rolls.  YUM!  That is all I have to say.  The Monkey Bread Rolls are probably the most unhealthy thing I have ever made, but they were really good!  They were addicting!  We couldn't stop eating them!  Once again here are pictures to prove this occurred.





After breakfast came the exciting part...PRESENTS!!!!!  Allison is a pro and had a great time opening her gifts!







Santa brought Allison a learning table, a baby doll, a stroller and a new book!  Boy, was he ever generous!  Santa thought Allison would love a baby doll since she goes nuts every time she walks down the baby doll aisle at Wal-Mart, well, she kind of has a love/hate relationship with the baby doll.  She was angry because the baby had a pacifier, she has been pacifier free for five months, but I guess the "want" for one never goes away!  She also wanted the baby's bottle. She also tried to get in the baby's stroller! I think she will learn to fully love her eventually, but for now, she drags her to me.  I guess I take care of babies.
We spent the rest of the day playing and eating...more monkey bread!  What a blessed day!  I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas too!

5 comments:

Practical Traci said...

The meals look SOOO yummy! I hope you had a very Merry Christmas!

Taylor-Made Wife said...

yay! Congrats on cooking!! Can you send me the recipe for the monkey bread you made? I have been wanting to try it! You look adorable in your apron. The style is the same as mine, just different colors :) Anyway, Allison is as cute as ever. Merry Christmas!!

Ashlee said...

Alison has the sweetest smile, it makes me smile every time I see it!

And I would love the monkey bread recipe as well!

Spencer's Take Singapore said...

Y'all are too sweet! What sweet, dear friends we have! Thank you! Hope EVERYONE had a great Christmas! Chelsey, I am emailing you the recipe....SOOO GOOD!! And easy! :)

Kimberly said...

OMG!!! Looks so great!! I remember the first time we got to do the holidays for ourselves.... You need it every now and then!! I am so sorry I missed you while you were in big D. I had so many trunk shows and orders that with these and my new job I didn't even realize the date until you were running!!

Thank you so much for my Vera Bradley bag... the owls were the first thing I noticed. It is a great time to be a Chi-O. I have to fight Callie off everyday. She loves it too!!

Christmas looked so fun. I am glad Allison accepted the Santa Man!!

Enjoy Vegas! We go every couple years. Where are you staying. The Venetian has been my favorite. The spa is divine! We have been to most of them. Funny thing, we don't gamble at all!!

Have a fabulous New Year!!!
xxxx kim