Thursday, February 11, 2010

Allison is 15 Months Old!

OK, so I should really title this, "Allison is 15 Months Old and has a mother who is very behind and tardy with her blogging!"  Yes, our sweet girl is 15...almost 16 months old!  And I know I say it every time, I LOVE THIS AGE!  Here is what she has been up to:


*Allison weighs 21 pounds and is 30 inches long.  She is in the thirtieth percentile for her weight and fiftieth percentile for height.
*She still wears 12 month clothes for the most part, but has definitely moved into 18 months!
*She is a chatter box!  She has LOTS of words and uses them A LOT...Here are a few: "Daddy,"  "Mama,"  "Dog,"  "The Girls" (referring to her friends Caroline and Mary Claire), "Cup", "Hello," "Bye," "More"  (She says more, but she does her baby sign language for more while saying it), "Uh- huh,"  "Uh-oh," and "Down" to name a few.
*She still LOVES Elmo and calls him, "Lala."
*She "talks" on the phone all the time.  She uses her play phone, but she also uses her hand, other toys, food or anything else she can hold up to her ear to turn into a phone.  She changes her voice (in an effort to mimic me) and says, "Hello!  Uh-huh, uh-huh, Bye!"  This happens all the time.  That child is on the phone almost as much as her mother!
*She loves music!  Her favorite song is "Party in the USA" by Miley Cyrus.  She loves it!  She cries when it is over and asks for "More!"  She does a dance to it (though it is not very appropriate, it is very cute!); she bends over, sticks her bottom out, grabs it and shakes it from side to side!  Watch out, Daddy!  She is a wild girl!  She also loves Ke$ha's, "Tick Tock" and almost every Black Eyed Peas song. She dances in her car seat to certain songs! It is super cute!  Besides LOVING Miley's music, she also likes the show, "Hannah Montana."
*She does not have a shy bone in her body and has yet to meet a stranger!

*She LOVES to kiss and blow kisses with a big "MMMMWWWWAAA!"
*When she hugs us, she pats our back and shoulders!
*Her favorite book is Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you See? I can't tell you  how many times I have read it to her!
*She still loves to eat though she is pickier about what goes into her mouth.  We battled with her eating meat in the early days of solids, now she has decided she is a full on vegetarian. She loves fruit and carbohydrates.  On a good day she will eat vegetables for us.  She likes salad and she loves sucking the dressing off the lettuce leaves.  But if she had it her way, she would only eat crackers/cereal/bread, sweet treats and fruit.  I can't blame the girl; those are my favorite things too!  We just keep trying with the meat; someday she will go back to it (maybe). I do not eat red meat at all and a lot of days might just have one serving of fish or poultry; I am probably the guilty party behind her innate disinterest in meat.
*She still goes on runs with me in her BOB.  Though with the snow, I have utilized the treadmill and continue boot camp classes.  We are hoping to make it for an outdoor run when it finally gets warmer than twenty nine degrees in a day!

*She still takes two long naps a day and goes to bed fairly early most evening.
*She still loves to stay with babysitters (and grandparents)...thank goodness!
*Dogs are still her favorite thing!  All four legged animals are dogs in her world!  She and Margo are truly best friends and it melts  my heart to see them play together!

*She is not only walking really well, but RUNNING!  She is fast!  She is CONSTANTLY busy and CONSTANTLY on the go!  She keeps me exercising every moment she is awake!  She still walks on her tip toes!
*She is still a very messy child.  She loves to get dirty when she eats and does not like to have her mouth wiped off.  I prefer to call it "artsy and creative."
*She finally likes watching the "Your Baby Can Read" DVDs.  She will watch them very attentively now.  She is recognizing some words like "clap" and "arms up."  The second they flash the words on the screen she does the actions!  Very impressive!
*She has an Elmo chair she loves!

*She crawls up on our love seat and couches like a big girl now!

*She likes boys.  She kissed her little friend Zach and scared him to death!
*We attend weekly story time at the library. She enjoys it even though she is the youngest child that attends.  She still tries (and succeeds) at being the center of attention.
*She talks non stop!
*She is the SWEETEST girl I know!
Happy LATE birthday, Allison!  We love you!

5 comments:

Erin said...

welcome back friend! we've missed you lately!! Miss Allison is just a doll:)

Taylor-Made Wife said...

Missed you! I showed Austin a picture of Allison and was like "she always has this huge smile on her face". He said, "She probably only posts the smiley ones". I said "no babe, I think she seriously doesn't ever stop smiling." :)

Sarah and Mike said...

She is so precious!! I love that she likes Party in the USA...too funny!! Will is also a fan of the Black Eyes Peas :)

Anonymous said...

Kelly she's so CUTE! It sounds like her little personality is exactly like yours. I love that she pats your back when she hugs you. Precious! PS: wearing the green version of the scarf I copied off of you today. LOVE IT! ;-)

Spencer's Take Singapore said...

Thank you all for your sweet comments! I am pretty proud of this sweet girl! :)