Monday, February 22, 2010

Just For the Heck Of It Party!

So I am a little late posting this, but February has been a very fun, very busy month for us!  On February 6, we attended the annual "Just For The Heck Of It Party."  It is so fun and a Borger tradition that has been going on for years.  It is just what it sounds like, a party just to have a party.  I told my friend, Tiffany (aka my Singapore bound friend) that I wanted Ke$ha's, "Tick Tock" to be our "theme song" for the evening.  Well, I am still angry at Ke$ha and her song because we stayed out entirely too late, danced too much in very tall platform heels and ended up eating pancakes at 3:30 in the morning.  Well, newsflash everyone, we are TOO OLD for that!  It took a week to recover!  However, we had the BEST time!  Here are some pictures....

Nick and I at the beginning of the evening...I mean seriously, his shirt is WILD!
Our Singapore Bound Friends, Kevin and Tiff!  We will miss y'all!

Sweet Susan and James...
Nick, Kevin and James AKA THE PERFECT STORM!!! Nick turns 30 on February 25, Kevin is leaving for Singapore and James turns 40 on February 27.  James invented the "Perfect Storm" title in an effort to plan a triple party; little did he know his sweet wife Susan had a very large, wonderful surprise 40th birthday (Mardi Gras style) party in the works.  The party was last Friday and we had an incredible time!
Some of the ladies...


And then...The Party got started...


And there was dancing... (of course, James was there!)

And more dancing...


It is a great party every year.  We are really thankful to be in this little town with the most fun people!  February blessed us with a full social calendar for the month.  "Just for the Heck of it," kicked it off, Nick and I had a wonderful Valentine's date on February 12, I was able to attend a Kappa sister's BEAUTIFUL engagement party in Amarillo on February 13, we had James' surprise party last Friday, dinner with new friends this past Saturday and fun things approaching for next weekend. We are so thankful for our sweet friends, it makes living way out in West Texas too much fun!

2 comments:

Taylor-Made Wife said...

I think its so great that you guys get out and have a good time together. I love Nick's shirt and my Hibs would love it too.

Taylor-Made Wife said...

I meant Hubs, not Hibs- silly Chelsey