Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter Day 2010

Not even a 102 degree fever can stop Miss Allison!  Our Easter day was wonderful, but ended with a sick, sad little girl.
The sweet Ristroph's were kind enough to have us over for a traditional and delicious Easter lunch.  We had to take a few pictures of Allison before left our house.

Poor thing!  It is so tough to get her to stand still now!  Once we arrived at the Ristrophs' we wanted to take a few pictures before lunch.  I think you all know why it is important to take pictures of Allison BEFORE she eats!


The Three CUTEST Amigos...ever!

Gorgeous Girls!



I blog about Tiffany's AMAZING cooking and hosting skills A LOT.  She is truly the best cook...EVER!  And of course, everything looks beautiful too!

Deviled Eggs
My one contribution...I CAN make a salad!

Lemon Poppyseed Cupcakes...TO DIE FOR!!!



Homemade Coconut Cream Pie...Also, TO DIE FOR!


Beautiful Table and Decor!

Even the littlest guest had her own special, spot!

While we ate our wonderful lunch, poor little Allison started shivering and fussing.  When I took her out of her booster seat, she was burning up!  We gave her Tylenol and waited for her fever to break.  She slowly became more and more pitiful.  I felt so sorry for her! Caroline and Mary Claire were the sweetest "babysitters."  They sat with her while she watched, "Mo!" ("Elmo") and rested.


Obviously, the Tylenol started to kick in because when the girls went to go hunt eggs; Allison was NOT going to be left out!



She even felt well enough to eat a cupcake!  I can't blame her!  They were delicious!
But she still looks so sad!

We left that afternoon concerned because I could not get her fever to break. After talking to our Pharmacist friend, we started alternating Tylenol and Motrin.  We were at least able to keep it in the 99-100 degree range versus the 102.
I took Allison to the doctor first thing Monday morning and the poor baby has an infection in her right ear.  The only indication that she was not feeling well was the refusal to eat breakfast.  I wish I would have realized this last week when she ate a cookie for breakfast! Now I know!  We are incredibly blessed, this is only her second ear infection!  I am happy to report she is on antibiotics now and back to her lively, little self!

I hope you and your family had a joyous Easter Day!

1 comment:

The Beverage's said...

sweet girl! she's a trooper, looks like you guys had a wonderful Easter!!