Monday, August 24, 2009

Birthday Dress

As most of you know, I am a sucker for smocked dresses! That is the SOUTHERN girl coming out in me! I also love the idea of tradition. My mother put me in smocked dresses, now I am doing the same for Allison. I just ordered one that Allison will wear for her first birthday! Hopefully someday, her daughter will wear it too!



Check out the website for Hiccups Children's Boutique. For all others who love smocking out there, I am sure you will find some things you adore as well.

Now, if I could just decide on a birthday party theme...
Happy Monday!

4 comments:

frontporchthreads said...

OH I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! I'm such a sucker for smock too!! :)

Spencer's Take Singapore said...

Thank you so much! I can't wait!

Kimberly said...

I wish I had known!! I love to smock, and thought I had no one left to smock for. I have books and books of patterns packed somewhere around here! Callie's first birthday dress had a smocked pinafore with b-day presents on it with 3-d bows. Back then the thing was painted hair bows, so of coarse she had the "bigger than her head" bow with a b-day cake painted on it. She didn't walk until she was 16 months old. We are pretty sure it was because the bows knocked her equallibrium off!!!

What size is Allison wearing? She looks tiny. Did you decide on a theme? I think a Halloween birthday would be so much fun!
xxx kim

Sarah and Mike said...

That is so cute! I am jealous, Mike doesn't let me put Will in many smocked things. :( I am glad to hear that Will has an "admirer". That is funny she likes his pictures! :) We have to get them together someday!!