Sunday, August 23, 2009

While Dad's Away...The Girls Will Play!

Nick went to Red River, New Mexico with some friends this weekend to go four wheeling. Yes, you read that correctly, four wheeling. Anyway, while my dear husband is out of town, Allison, Margo and I have turned the house into a bachelorette pad! We relaxed, ran, spent time at the pool, did a little laundry and relaxed some more. Here are some highlights from the weekend...

We slept in for a bit and then went for a nice run (while the weather was still cool!). I love the fact that Allison can stand up and greet me in her crib when I get her! It makes my entire day! Her smile just melts my heart!





After our run, I promised Allison pancakes. Well, OK, that is a lie, I promised MYSELF pancakes, but Allison did not protest. In fact, she helped me out pretty well with those pancakes. We enjoyed our "girl's breakfast out!"




We had to play with Margo for a while!






After some reading, some "Elmo" and some napping Allison played in her room for a bit. Check out her cute blue and blue "A" onesie from Carrie and her precious stocking from Kim (it stays up year round in Allison's room). Both beautiful pieces handmade with love!






We finished off the day at the Borger Country Club for the "Back to School Bash!" We had a great time with several of our dear friends. Allison's highlight...her first snow cone! Here is another shocker for you...she loved it! What a surprise! Can you sense my sarcasm!? My little food monster! She loves it ALL!!!




We have a had a great time, but we are eagerly awaiting your return, Nick!

2 comments:

Sarah and Mike said...

Is that a Samantha doll in her room? I had that same doll, oufit and doll bed. So sweet!! Too bad Will can't play with dolls. :)

Spencer's Take Singapore said...

Well, kind of! It's my Molly doll with Samantha's bed! When I was little, I wanted Molly for some odd reason. I don't really know why, I don't have glasses or anything...but anyway, I wanted her, but I liked Samantha's bed, clothes, etc. So it is Molly, but mostly everything belongs to Samantha! :) Maybe someday Will will have a sister that can play with Samantha! :)