Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Allison is 10 Months Old!

On August 17, Allison hit her 10 month milestone! I just can't believe how time flies! Cliche, I know, but honestly it feels like she should still be an itty bitty baby. We are having the best time. This age has been the most fun by far! I know it only gets better! Here are some vital stats on Allison:




*Allison has four teeth now! Yes, four! Three of the four have come in over the last week! She now has two top teeth and two bottom teeth.

*Allison is officially finished with her pacifier! We took it away four days ago. Her first night without it was a bit rough, but it was easier to get rid of it now rather than a few months from now when her reasoning skills improve.

*Allison is a sippy cup champ! She has truly mastered the art of drinking out of her sippy cup! I am so proud of her! The bottles are getting fewer and farther between and she will be ready to say, "bye bye" to them at a year.

*Allison is still a bottomless pit when it comes to food. I would have to say it is her favorite hobby. She is still nursing, still has a bit of soy formula and eats every bit of solid food we give her. She ate almost an entire large pancake at breakfast on Saturday. Right this moment, bananas seem to be her favorite, but she is always interested in anything I have. She is not picky to say the least!

*She can "click" her tongue!

*She started pulling up to stand on August 7. She still crawls, but standing and trying to walk is the new "hip" thing! She stands in her crib, she stands at the coffee table and she even pulls up on Margo to stand! She will be taking steps before we know it!

*Allison loves Elmo and is still absolutely OBSESSED with the Feist "1,2,3,4" song from Sesame Street. I blogged about it last month. You can click on the song title to see it. I would venture to say we watch it at least 10 times a day. The world stops when it is on. Last night, Allison was throwing an awful fit. Nick and I tried everything to calm her down. Finally, I turned on her "1,2,3,4" video clip. she was perfect. Nick was in shock! He said, "Seriously, after all of that, that is what calms her down?" Yes, dear, that is what calms her down.

*Allison can clap now. In fact, we ALWAYS clap when "1,2,3,4" or Elmo comes on TV!

*Allison sings with us! We can say, "Allison sing, aaaaawwwww...." and she joins in, "Aaaaawwww!"

*Allison still waves at everyone and everything. She has yet to meet a stranger!

*Luckily, she is still my smiley, giggly girl! She is in a good mood most of the time, we are so blessed!







Changes happen everyday. Every time I blink, I miss one! Happy 10 months, Allison! You keep lighting up our lives!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Happy 10 month Birthday, Allison!!
xxx kim

Sarah and Mike said...

I love her brown dress, so precious! Will said he will gladly give some of his hair to Allison. :) She is adorable!! Happy 10 Months!