I have to be a "mother" for just a second and annoyingly brag about my child. I know every parent thinks their child is brilliant and Nick and I recently joined that club. Allison had two rather large accomplishments recently and we are very proud!
On May 2, I was over at Tiffany Ristroph's getting ready for Kellye's shower when my cell phone dinged. I checked it and there was a text from Nick, it said, "Alli just sat up." Of course I called Nick and he told me that they were watching TV together in our bed and after working and working at it, she sat up on her own! I have to be honest....my first was reaction: "I am with that child 24 hours a day and she sat up on her own 20 minutes after I left!?" But I got over that reaction almost immediately and realized she would sit up for me too, which she has! Sure, she falls over immediately, but she can still do it!
An accomplishment that I am extremely excited about it is Allison saying, "DaDa" and "Hi!" On Thursday, May 7, Allison had been saying, "Da," during her bath. I told Nick about it. He thought I was silly and said she was just making noises. Well, that might have been true, but only for a while. After her bath, I brought her into our room for a bit so we could all unwind and spend time together before she went to bed for the evening. Well after being near Nick for just a moment, she reached for him and said, "DaDa!" We were thrilled!!! She did it several sequential times. On Friday, she continued to say, "DaDa" and added "Hi!" to her vocabulary when people spoke to her! She is 6 1/2 months old now and I know this is only the tip of the ice berg for her! We are having so much fun watching her grow!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment