I will always be proud of Sunday, April 26, 2009. That is the day I finished my second Oklahoma City Marathon. 26.2 miles....I can't believe I did it again! I completed my first OKC marathon in April 2007. Last year, I only ran the 5K because I was pregnant with little Allison, but this year, I completed the ENTIRE thing...AGAIN! I am blessed with the help and support of sweet Nick (who by the way is still dealing with my knee complaints a week later). A marathon is kind of like child birth. It is an amazing feeling once it is all said and done, but you never want to do another one until you forget the pain!
I ran the marathon with our very dear friends, Brett and Alesha LeeMaster. It was Alesha's second marathon as well and Brett's fourth. It has become a tradition to get together for the race over the last three years. We carb load together, pump each other up, etc. Pretty quick after the race, Bret said, "OK, let's plan next year!" I had to say, "Let's wait to plan next year!" I am still "waiting" to plan next year! We'll see how recovery goes! It was tougher this year, maybe it was the knee injury or the baby six months ago or the weather on race day. It was HOT with a 25 mph head wind and humid...it was a rough day! But it's over!
We made the best of our race weekend. We saw Nick's parents, his brother, and our dear nephew. We were also able to see our friends, Jenny and Nick Brewer, Jason Klaus and George and Mendy Schmerer (who are expecting a little girl in September!). We are blessed with awesome family in friends in Oklahoma who we miss very much, but it always makes the trip fun to see them! I will update you all if I plan to run another 26.2 miles again. Knowing me, I probably will, but I am going to enjoy the finished product for a bit first!

No comments:
Post a Comment