Sunday, May 10, 2009

Gitty Up, Buckaroo!






Allison was fortunate enough to attend her first "big girl" birthday party on Saturday, May 9.  Our dear friends, Roger and Valerie, threw a fun pony birthday party for their three year old, Caroline. Allison had all of her close friends there:  Caroline and Mary Claire Ristroph, Hannah and Caroline Holmes, George and Grace Goldston and the list goes on and on!  It was non stop excitement.  Valerie was able to secure a pony (luckily, that is a long story in it's self, if you have a pony and live near Borger, you should rent it out...there is definitely a need).   The pony was 15 years old and named, Skipper!  He was sweet, gentle and patient.  Thank goodness!  They had a darling pony cake and lemonade tea in mason jars!  Valerie had everything decorated so cute.  It was complete with cowboy hats and monogrammed bandannas!  All of the children had a great time.  They rode the pony, played and ate!  Even Allison was able to sit on Skipper!  Allison was mesmerized by the other children for three hours!  She finally had to take a cat nap at one point!  We had a great time and most importantly, birthday girl, Caroline did as well!  Allison gave her a kissing Elmo which she seemed to be excited about!  Thanks for the fun time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to throw a party just like that one! Mason jars with drinks..I love it! :) I'm loving your blog so much, even if I don't have a free hand to comment as much as I'd like...I'm here...reading everyday... :)