I would like to start by thanking all of those who served and are currently serving our amazing country. Thank you for your tremendous and selfless sacrifice. You make this the best country in the world. Also, thank you to your family and loved ones. They are performing a tremendous, selfless act as well. I cannot imagine how difficult it must be to have your spouse, sibling or child serving over seas. Thank you for your sacrifice.
We had a quiet and enjoyable weekend. On Friday evening, Nick and I took Allison to her second movie in the theater! We went to see "Night at the Museum: "Battle of the Smithsonian." Allison has not been to a movie since "Marley and Me" on Christmas Day. Luckily, Allison is a lot like her mommy; she is a Ben Stiller fan! She did great in the movie. She watched almost all of it. She took a little cat nap, but no melt downs! She even laughed some as did Nick and I.
On Saturday, I went to my zumba class in the morning. That afternoon, we went with the Ristrophs to the Amarillo Zoo. Believe it or not, it is a great zoo! First of all, it's free! Secondly, it's short and sweet! There are legitimate zoo animals. There are monkeys, lions, tigers and bears. Now they also have pigeons and donkeys, but that's OK! Allison, Caroline and Mary Claire really enjoyed themselves! Since we were in Amarillo, we had to run errands like Sam's, Super WalMart, Babies R Us, etc. That just goes without saying. If you make the trip, make it worth it! For dinner we all tried a new spot, Joe Taco. It was great! I had Baja Fish Tacos and a mango margarita! Yum! Speaking of that, Tiffany gave me a great recipe for fish tacos. Try it! You will like it!
Sunday morning, I started the day with a long run and ended with a delicious cook out at the Ristroph's. Thank y'all! It was fun and delicious as always! On Monday, I ran and Nick golfed. I also CLEANED! Why is it that on a holiday, we always work anyway!? I did squeeze time in to work in the flower beds (which in my mind is not work) and walk with my girls, Margo and Allison!
And of course, back to "the grind" today! Enjoy your Tuesday and your short week!

1 comment:
hey kelly! i love reading over your blog! can you post some photos of your amazing gardens? :)
Post a Comment