On Saturday, April 18, we attended Laurel Catlin and Jason Blue's wedding at the Hix Ranch in Bandera, TX. It was somewhat like "going home again" when we arrived at the ranch. I was fortunate enough to spend countless summers there with Cathleen and her family while growing up. It is just beautiful! The wedding was at 6:30 and the weather was amazing! It rained all day the day before and the forecast called for showers throughout the wedding, but prayers were answered! It was clear and beautiful! The ceremony was on the river and stunning. Laurel used purple and pink as her colors. Cathleen sang a couple of songs, she is so talented! Why can't I sing well!? Oh well! I always think about Laurel whenever I hear the song, "Mony Mony" by Billy Idol. When we were growing up, she always said she wanted to walk down the isle to that song, well on April 18, 2009, her wish came true! The recessional was to "Mony Mony!" It was complete with some serious dance moves by Laurel, Jason and all of their attendants! So fun!
The reception was wonderful! Food was amazing, drinks were great and the band was wonderful! The band, the Grooves, played for Cathleen's wedding and my friend, Lucy's wedding last summer. They are so much fun! They are a cover band out of Austin and play a bit of everything! Laurel's dance with her dad, Larry, was unlike any father/daughter dance I have ever seen! They started off to some Kenny Roger's, "Through the Years," classic, traditional, etc. Well, Kenny Rogers went into to some "It Takes Two." Laurel and Larry did a little hip/hop number! Wow! The Catlins are so fun and know how to put on a party!! As the night went on, we danced, Allison danced and we enjoyed our last few hours with Jon and Cathleen. At one point, Jon and the other groomsmen jumped on the dance floor with vests only and danced with Laurel! Great! We can't wait to see Cathleen and Jon again soon! I wish we would have made the time to go to Germany to visit, but perhaps someday. They will be back in the US in November hopefully! I can't wait!
The next morning we made the nine hour drive back to Borger to end our Tour de Texas 2009. We would be home for three full days before hitting the road again for Oklahoma!

No comments:
Post a Comment