So I have to make a confession. I have an addiction. It's a bad one too. Possibly untreatable! I am addicted to all things little girl for my Allison! I love tutus, bows, smocked dresses, etc.! I just have the best time dressing up my little "doll!" I have to laugh when I think back to when the doctor told us, "It's a girl!" I have always wanted a little girl. In fact, I never made it secret. I used to joke with Nick that if I had a boy, I would give him back. I always used to tell Nick, "No boys in the Spencer house! Girl dogs, little girls, etc." Well, when I finally got pregnant, I told myself, "It's probably a boy. I've jinxed myself." I just had to let myself digest that I was going to have a son and deal with it. I was fortunate enough to be pregnant and I just wanted a healthy baby. I told myself I could handle a boy. I could do it" football games, soccer games, dirt, bugs, baseball, etc. " I could do it! Well, when we finally got to take a peek at little "baby boo," I was just certain, the doctor was going to say, "It's a boy!" My pleasant surprise, he said, "It's a girl!" Nick was calm and just said, "I knew that," and smiled. Well the poor doctor, I questioned him like crazy! "You're sure?! Percentage wise, how sure?! Really?! " I am pretty sure it was one of the happiest days of my life and I could breathe a sigh of relief that it would be dance recitals and pink rather than football and blue! From then on almost every doctor's appointment we checked to make sure baby boo was still a girl! I asked Nick how he knew we were going to have a little girl. He said, "God only gives you what you can handle Kelly, and I think you can only handle a girl at this point in our lives." He's probably right and now that I have my girl, I am not opposed to boys. I will probably have triplet boys the next time around due to my irrational fear of having a little boy! Oh well, maybe by then the tutus, bows and smocked dresses will be out of my system. Ummmm, probably not so much! Here are some of the most recent "girly" pictures of my little Princess Allison! We even have matching dresses in one picture!
5 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment