Monday, April 6, 2009

The Big Night at the Big Texan!






They say things are bigger in Texas, right?  Well they are not lying when they are talking about the 72 oz steak at the Big Texan Restaurant in Amarillo!  Four and a half pounds of meat!  If you can eat it in an hour, it's free!  Well for this girl (who by the way does not even eat red meat), I cannot think of anything more disgusting!  Well, maybe I can, but that will be my next blog entry!  We have lived in the panhandle for almost three years and had yet to visit Amarillo's largest tourist trap, The Big Texan!   Our dear friends, Justin, Tiffany and Zach Blazek are moving on to the big city of Houston in May.  We are so excited for them, but going to miss them so much!  Allison and Zach are going to have to figure out how to make a long distance relationship work and that is always tough!  So to send the Blazeks off right, we went with them and the Ristrophs to the Big Texan on Saturday, April 4th. We actually had a great time!  Nick and I took out our boots and western wear for the occasion!  The Big Texan is actually super cute inside!  The service is great and the grilled salmon I had was really good! All of the kids got cowboy hats and we even got to see some Californians try to eat the 72 oz steak!  They put them on a stage and let them eat in front of everyone...neither of them finished!  Justin, Tiff and Zach, we will miss y'all more than you will ever know!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At Hoffbrau here in Fort Worth they had a deal like that for awhile where if you ate 72 oz steak you got it free, plus you had to eat the sides too. Ryan and I watched a guy do it. It was disgusting! He also ate a loaf of bread and split dessert with his daughter. I am not making this up. We stayed an hour after we were finished with our meal to watch the spectacle. The guy is probably dead of a heart attack now, but it was something else.
Anyway Allison looks adorable! She is getting so big, I wish I could have seen her when you were here last month.

Carrie Presley said...

Pass along my email to your pals moving to Houston! If they have any questions or need anything at all, I'd love to help! :)