Monday, April 6, 2009

Zoo Trip!






As most of you know...I LOVE THE ZOO!!! Nick and I were actually "Zoo Friends" at the Oklahoma City Zoo and would go as often as possible. When we go on vacations we always try to visit the zoo as well.  My parents are the same way, they love zoos and obviously raised me to do so too.  While in Fort Worth, we took the opportunity to take Allison to the wonderful Fort Worth Zoo.  Now Allison knows this zoo already!   One of the Barney DVDs we have is, "Barney goes to the Zoo!"  I can sing you all the songs, "Elephant!  Elephant!" etc.  Anyway, the DVD is actually filmed at the Fort Worth Zoo, so what a wonderful opportunity to take Allison and let her see the zoo live and in person!  At 4 1/2 months old, she fell asleep for a bit, looked at people rather than animals, but we had a great time!  One thing Allison was mesmerized with...PENGUINS!!! Big surprise, just like her mommy!  I hope to take her back when she is a bit older and a bit more interested!  My mother saw a zoo school class of 3 and 4 year olds while we were there.  She said, "Oh look!  There's Allison in a few years!" I said, "Mother? In Borger? She might get to go see the prairie dogs behind our house, but no zoo school there!"  We had to get a laugh out of that and you never know what the future holds!  She could always have zoo school else where or there are always the prairie dogs! :) We are enjoying where we are at this point in time!

No comments: