On Wednesday, April 8, Nick, Allison and I set off for a 12 day trip! We made it to Fort Worth, Pear Land, Conroe, San Antonio and Bandera. Wow, I get exhausted just thinking about the 30 hours we spent in the car (obviously not consecutively though). Allison was a trooper and enjoyed all of her stops.
We left April 8 and headed to CiCi and Papa K's house to spend the night. It was a quick visit, but very enjoyable. On April 9, we went to a late brunch with my parents and then headed down to Pearland, Texas. Nick would be working in Houston the following week, so we just made an early trip of it. We stayed Thursday- Sunday afternoon at our friend, Tyler's house. Tyler is a dear person and one of Nick's closest friends from college. His girlfriend, Meghan, was so kind and hospitable! She hung out with Allison and me while the boys did "boy things." I feel very fortunate to have been able to meet her and spend so much time together. That Thursday evening, we went out to dinner and enjoyed some gelato at Pearland's new outdoor mall.
We slept in Friday morning. Meghan, Allison and I went back to actually do some shopping at the mall while Nick and Tyler went to go find Nick some new golf clubs. Nick so conveniently forgot his golf clubs in Borger so he had to purchase new ones while on the trip. However, the poor boy has had the same clubs for 9 years...I think he deserved some! My dad was kind enough to loan Nick a bag and mallet putter while we were in Fort Worth, so that helped. That afternoon we went to the Houston Museum of Natural Science. They have a wonderful butterfly exhibit. Nick was kind enough to wear Allison in the Baby Bjorn carrier since strollers were not allowed in the exhibit. After that we went through the "Hall of Energy." Nick, Tyler and Meghan loved it, but they are chemical engineers. I loved the butterflies, but I am much more of a history girl than a science girl! Let's just say, if you are an engineer, go to the Hall of Energy, if not, it's OK to miss it. That evening, we went to one of my favorite restaurants, Mi Luna http://www.mi-luna.com/. When I had to work in Houston with Bank of America a few years ago we would go there after work for tapas and sangria. I can't think of a more fun meal!
Saturday morning, Nick and Tyler went to play golf. Meghan, Allison and I went to the Galleria, also known in my world as, "heaven!" We had a great time, ate LaMadeleine, shopped and relaxed. That evening the boys took suspiciously long coming home from the golf course. When they arrived home, they brought dinner! They found a man selling fresh shrimp he just caught from the gulf. We had a shrimp boil at their house that night! Each night, Allison played with Meghan and Tyler's dog, Missy. She was sweet and patient. She loved Allison instantly and Allison felt the same about her!
The next day, April 12, was Easter. All five of us went to Easter brunch at the Houston Aquarium. It was so much fun! We sat amongst the beautiful fish and enjoyed LOTS of food! We said our goodbyes to Tyler and Meghan at the Aquarium. After that brunch, we drove on to Conroe to start the next leg of our trip!

No comments:
Post a Comment