Friday, April 3, 2009

The Big 2-9



Oh poor Nick!  He turned the rough age of 29 of February 25.  I can give him a hard time since I am two and a half years younger!  Hey, I may be late twenties, but I am not to the end of my twenties!  I really wanted to surprise Nick and throw a big bash for him or something spectacular, but I am just not talented at party planning!  So, I let him decide what he wanted to do.  We went with the Ristrophs, the Blazeks and the Koberts to Outfitters in Fritch.  Let me just explain Outfitters to all of you non-Borgerians.  When we first moved to Borger we heard about this steakhouse in Fritch where you needed to make reservations, be a private member to order a drink, etc.  Sounds fancy, right?  Ummm, not so much!  Let me just say it is the middle of nowhere, they serve their salad in Styrofoam bowls and Nick orders a dish called "Guss' Kick a pig sandwich" (that's a  pork loin sandwich in English).  But nonetheless, it's fun!  Caroline and Mary Claire Ristroph (AKA Nick's girlfriends) came to the party as well.  They gave "Mr. Nick" homemade birthday cards and a dollar!  Since they receive cards in the mail from their relatives with money, they think each card should have money. So darling!  We then had everyone back to our house for strawberry cake.  Strawberry cake was Nick's request.  I made Paula Deen's strawberry cake.  As most of you know, I am not a baker, but I have to say, this cake turned out beautiful and it was delicious! I really wish I would have taken a picture of it!  You can find the recipe at:http://howtokeephouse.blogspot.com/2008/07/paula-deens-strawberry-cake-recipe.html.  I completely recommend it!  Anyway, another year passed by and hopefully, if I start planning now, I can come up with a creative 30th birthday party for my dear, sweet husband!
Oh by the way, Nick is so old now, he fell asleep before his birthday party...see the picture!  

No comments: