Monday, April 6, 2009

Too Many Weight Watchers Points to Count!




As most of you know, I am a pretty healthy eater (I really try to be anyway).  Especially since having Allison, I have been doing weight watcher to loose the B.O.M.B (Big Ole' Mama Belly, as my friend Carrie calls it)!  I have a few weight watchers cookbooks and www.cookinglight.com is also a great resource. In fact, here is my new favorite recipe: http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=222239.  Whenever I can find fresh basil in Borger (which is rare!), I love to make this dish.  Nick has been doing weight watchers with me too. He looks great and I appreciate his moral support.  It is always easier to do it as a team!  
Well, since Nick has been so good, it is only fair that he cheat on some fried goodness, right?  Justin Blazek had some engineers over to his house last Saturday for a "fry party."  They fried EVERYTHING!  They fried:  fish, rib eyes, hush puppies, jalapenos, onions, potatoes, chips, okra and anything they could get their hands on!  Well they also wanted to try a state fair classic, fried Twinkies and snickers!  I took pictures of this process. I think they all regretted the bites they took of the finished product.  First off, they used the same oil!  Sick!  Secondly, Tiffany Ristroph called them with the fried Twinkie's nutritional information:  34 grams of fat and 420 calories in that one Twinkie!  They will probably never have a fried Twinkie again after tasting it and hearing that!

1 comment:

Carrie Presley said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog sister! I'm adding it to my faves right now! I just love seeing little Allison and all her cute-ness! :)