Allison celebrated her first Valentine's Day this year. It was a nice day for Nick and I! We spent the day with Allison playing, watching "Barney," etc. That evening our friends, Jon and Nichole, were kind enough to keep Allison so we could go out to the Borger Country Club for a fabulous meal. It was near impossible to find a sitter on Valentine's since it fell on a Saturday. Luckily, Jon and Nichole were so sweet to offer. Of course we took them up on it! We met our friends, Kevin and Tiffany, at the club and had a wonderful (fattening) dinner! I typically (always) complain about Borger food, but when the Borger Country Club wants to do it up big and make it special; they do a great job! We had oysters on the half shell (I was a little frightened, not like we're in the seafood capital of the world), wonderful salads, and salmon oscar. The best had to be my two FAVORITE desserts on the planet: Crem brulee and bananas foster. Tiffany, our Louisiana girl, taught Bryan (the Country Club manager) to "sprinkle the cinnamon in the flame of the bananas foster, it makes it sparkle!" Well, he made a lot of "sparkles" after learning that. Nick and I exchanged our Valentine's gift and he out did himself (as usual), he gave me a new cannon power shot camera! I love it and my pictures from Valentine's on and looking pretty great if I say so myself! Thanks, honey!
5 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment