Finally, Thursday came and we made it to San Antonio! On our drive from Humble to San Antonio we stopped at a place called, "Buckee's." Tyler, Payton and random people in Houston told us to stop there. It is a HUGE gas station with a deli, bakery, jerky stations and the cleanest public restrooms I have ever seen! As you all know, I am scared to death of public restrooms, but wow! We bought sandwiches and looked around. Nick has been on the quest to find flip flops that have bottle openers on the bottom of the soles. We found some in Hot Topic, but they were $50. Nick feels it is silly to pay $50 for a novelty! I have to agree with him. Unfortunately, Buckee's had everything except flip flops with bottle openers on the bottom! Poor Nick! We will find you some!
We arrived at the Omni Hotel in San Antonio around 1:30 or so. The weather was a little misty, but Nick still planned on hitting the Palmer Course at La Cantera http://www.lacanteragolfclub.com/4df3b00f826eb1d049e9fff84b8062bb.html. Well, by default, Allison and I would just have to hit another mall! We dropped Nick off at the golf course. He describes the course as, "the most beautiful and best course," he has ever played. I found the same thing down the road, the most beautiful mall I have ever seen! Allison and I spent several hours at the Shops at La Cantera http://www.theshopsatlacantera.com/html/MallServices.asp. Just beautiful! We really enjoyed it!
That evening we all three went for a late sushi dinner. We all put on our swimsuits and planned on taking Allison down to the indoor pool, but it was just too cold! However, we have a cute snap shot of her in her bikini!

1 comment:
Bottle Opener FlipFlops... my husband owns two pairs, go figure. One are either Quiksilver or Reef, so like you said, a little pricey for a novelty item, BUT I found some this past week at Wal-Mart, for Father's day, they are Budweiser flipflops with a bottle opener on the bottom, only $7. :)
Post a Comment