On Easter, we headed north to Conroe. Nick had leadership meetings Monday-Wednesday. The meetings were at the Bentwater Yacht and Country Club http://www.bentwaterclub.com/Club/Scripts/Home/home.asp. It is a BEAUTIFUL gated community on Lake Conroe. The homes were just amazing! We stayed in a condo and were just amazed by the beautiful lake, golf course and overall scenery. Lovely!
Monday morning, Nick headed off to work while Allison and I took a long scenic run through the beautiful neighborhood. The weather was amazing! That afternoon, we drove south to The Woodlands. We spent a nice afternoon shopping at The Woodlands Mall. Allison became quite the little mall rat on her trip! That evening I was so blessed to have dinner with my freshman year college roommate, Jenny Dial! It was so great to see her! It was just like old times! We laughed, talked and ate! She is a successful sports writer for The Houston Chronicle. I am so happy she is doing so well and so thankful we got to spend some time together!
On Tuesday, poor Nick went off to work again and Allison and I went running again. She and I went to the Bentwater Country Club and enjoyed a relaxing lunch in the afternoon. We spent the rest of the day walking and reading a "guilty pleasure" book, sTORI Telling, by Tori Spelling. Nick gave me a hard time about reading something so trivial, but at least I was reading! Tuesday evening, we all three went to a sea food dinner with some of Nick's work colleagues. Wednesday, Nick went back to work. Allison and I relaxed and packed up. That afternoon, I loaded the car up for another part of the trip! Before we left Bentwater, Nick had to hit the golf course. Allison and I rode with him while he played 9 holes. The course was just gorgeous!
After golf, we headed south to Humble, Texas to visit our sweet friends, Heather and Payton Daughtery. They moved from Borger to Humble about two years ago. We miss them so much and we were so lucky to see them! We went to Kingwood and ate Brazilian food at Chimichurri's http://www.chimichurrisgrill.com/contact.html. We sat outside by Lake Houston while the band sang, "Isn't she lovely?" to Allison. She is such a little ham! She loved every minute of it! We spent the night at their lovely home. They gave Allison the cutest Easter bunny and Heather even got up and made us blueberry muffins before she left for work on Thursday morning! Thank you both! Thursday morning, we packed up AGAIN and headed to San Antonio!

No comments:
Post a Comment