Monday, June 29, 2009

Five Year Journey






I never would have guessed driving to Dallas on a school night for a John Mayer concert my sophomore year at OU in 2001 would determine the rest of my life. I thought maybe it would be tough to get up and go to class the next morning (if I even went). I thought perhaps I could possibly meet John (again) and he would give me his broken guitar string (again). But, I honestly had no idea my little adventure would lead to meeting the sweetest, kindest and dearest boy in the whole world! Thank goodness Nick and I both decided to go to see John Mayer with Jenny Welch and Jenny Dial that night. It was meant to be...

On July 3, Nick and I will celebrate our fifth wedding anniversary. July 3 is an easy day to remember..."We both lost our independence the day before Independence Day!"

Five Years or...

Two Homes
Three Cars
A Motorcycle
A Master's Degree
A Pilot's License
Two Marathons
Lots of Concerts
Three Ski Trips
New Jobs
New Promotions
At Least four very offensive Halloween Costumes
Key West
Belize
Lots of OU Football
A feisty Airedale
A beautiful daughter
A few tears
Too many laughs
Lots of Kisses
More love than imaginable




I love you more and more everyday, dear Nick! The past five years have been incredible and the best is yet to come! Happy, happy Anniversary! And in the words of our friend, John Mayer, "You're my saving grace..." It just keeps getting better!




2 comments:

Sarah and Mike said...

What a sweet post, you guys are too cute! Congrats on 5 years!!

KKS said...

Thank you so much, Sarah! It has been fun and hopefully will keep getting better! Have a great 4th!