Sunday, June 7, 2009

Say Hello to Year 27 and Wave Goodbye to Year 26

On Monday morning, June 8, at 10:17 am, I will welcome in year 27. I typically do not get sad on birthdays. I am always thankful. It's another year, right? This one is a little tough. Year 26 has been so incredible; I hate to say goodbye to it. Year 27 has a lot to live up to. Here are a few wonderful memories and accomplishments year 26 provided:

Nick and I were blessed enough to visit my favorite city, San Antonio, twice. The first time was a wonderful "baby moon" pre Allison in August. The second time was in April and Allison came with us.



All of our hard work paid off when Nick and I won "Yard of the Month" for Borger in September. We even had our picture in the paper!



Nick and I bought a brand new 2008 Toyota Sequoia On our four year anniversary, July 3. We bought a big SUV when no one else was buying them. Gas was ridiculous! But we had a baby on the way and 5 minute commutes from home to work.



I completed my second marathon on April 26. I finished 26.2 miles on the 26th at age 26.




And of course year 26 brought in our biggest and best accomplishment...Allison!



As you can see, year 26 has just been amazing. I can't wait to see what year 27 has in store. I am sure only bigger and better things!
Nick surprised me with a delicious dinner trip to BL Bistro and a dessert trip to Macaroni Joe's in Amarillo on Friday. He and our friend Kevin had a babysitter set up and did a great job surprising Tiffany and me. Her birthday is June 18 so we had a joint celebration. Great food, great wine and great friends, what else can one ask for?
Allison even knows it is time to wave goodbye to year 26. She started waving bye bye for the first time today!
I am so thankful for all my blessings. I am ready for it! Come on year 27, bring it on!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthdy Momma! May your 27th year be as amazing and blessed as the last year! :)

Sarah and Mike said...

Happy Birthday!! We have the same car! I got one last year around the same time.....in the summer before Will was born. I LOVE that car, it is awesome! Hope you have a great birthday!