Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My Vegetarian Baby

I feel like I blog a lot about Allison's meals. Even though she is still nursing and drinking one bottle a day; she is eating a lot of solid food! You would be surprised how much those little gums can chew up! She loves just about everything....everything except for meat. As most of you know, I do not eat red meat. And most days I just have one serving of either fish or chicken at dinner. I realize I am probably the reason her taste buds tend to gravitate to fruits, vegetable and carbohydrates!
It all started with baby food meat. Allison refuses to eat ground chicken, turkey, beef, etc. Have you ever smelled baby food meat? I can understand why she does not want to eat it. It smells awful! I sneak in a bite of chicken or turkey in her sweet potatoes and at least she gets some protein. A few weeks ago I started trying to give her grilled chicken, deli meat and even chicken nuggets! Seriously, what kid does not like chicken nuggets!?



My child...the one child on the planet that will not eat chicken nuggets!

Fairly regularly my lunch consists of a soy chik pattie and a spinach salad. Soy chik patties are like finding gold in Borger. Our grocery store does not always have them, so I typically have to buy them in Amarillo. I stock up, but I tend to be a little selfish.



One day, I grew frustrated of Allison spitting out the chicken nuggets or feeding them to Margo. I thought I would be creative, maybe she would enjoy a soy chik pattie. Oh she enjoyed it! Enjoyed it so much, she ate the ENTIRE pattie! Now I have to share, oh well! Perhaps my little vegetarian will expand her pallet one day! Here she is enjoying her soy chik pattie! Messy girl!

No comments: