Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Ben Folds and Nick Hornby: Lonely Avenue

It's out!  The much anticipated (anticipated in my world at least) collaboration between my favorite musician, Ben Folds, and author, Nick Hornby (author of such novels as High Fidelity and About A Boy), was released on Tuesday! The album is called Lonely Avenue and if you are a Ben fan, you will love it!  Folds wrote all the music while Hornby wrote the lyrics.  Oddly enough, Hornby's lyrics remind me very much of Ben Folds' lyrics.  If I didn't know, I would just assume Folds wrote all the lyrics.  It is a fun album with piano and story telling through out. Some songs even have an Elton John feel to them.  I definitely give it two thumbs up, but it's hard for Ben Folds to  do anything wrong in my book.  Here is the introduction to the album...



Happy Listening!

No comments: