Friday, September 24, 2010

Future Letters Major?

Last week, while in Norman, I had the opportunity to visit one of my professors from OU.  I was so blessed to have wonderful, instrumental instructors in my college career.  Not only were they helpful while I was in school, but after graduation as well. I truly feel like my time at the University of Oklahoma forever changed and sculpted the person that I would become. With that being said, I feel like (hope) that it made me a better person truly concerned for the world and those around me.  I am still thankful on a daily basis for what I learned while in college.  I was a Letters major.  What's that you may ask?  Well, click here.  It will tell you all about it.
I was so excited to take Allison to meet one of the people who taught many of my classes.  The Classics and Letters Department recently moved into a different building on campus.  It is much nicer and even has a student lounge.  It is a far cry from where they were just a few years ago.  Hopefully Allison will find her passion in life someday and go on to study it.  Here she is studying material in the Classics and Letters student lounge...


After our visit, I tried to snap a picture of her near the fountain that Nick and I hold so dear to our hearts. Well, she did not want to let that happen.  She picked a random bench and that is where she wanted to stay.  Here she is...

I'm glad I had the opportunity to take her back to a place that was so instrumental in my life.  I hope to do it again someday.

No comments: