Thursday, September 23, 2010

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred

Last week we decided to brainwash Allison a little more and take her to Norman.  We took her to a football game last year and had plans of doing so again this year.  However, the closer we got to game day, the more we questioned our decision.  Norman was hot and swamp like and it would only become hotter and more swamp like on game day.  Also, kick off was at 2:30, right at nap time.  Last year, she took a little nap on my shoulder during the game.  I think "miss ants in her pants" is beyond that.  She is go go go all the time.  With all the factors we decided Nick and Brett would go to the game and Alesha, Allison and I would go up to Campus Corner to Tailgate before kick off.
Here is our future Sooner in her new OU vintage shirt over her cheerleader outfit.  A new, vintage shirt, what an oxymoron! But, don't you just adore this shirt?!  My friend Erin has one for her daughter, Addi.  I saw pictures on her blog and we just had to have one! I absolutely LOVE it!



Of course the mommy/daughter shot....




We caught Nick on campus and took a quick picture with him...


And sweet Alesha...

For a brief moment, Allison got her hands on a ticket!  She wanted to go cheer for her Sooners!



We had a wonderful time, but it was HOT.  It was REALLY HOT.  Alesha, Allison and I watched the game in air conditioning at home.  It was a great choice!


Luckily our Sooners pulled through and won!  Hopefully we can keep it up!

I did however get a little concerned over this trip.  What if Allison does not want to be a Sooner one day?  What if she wants to be a Red Raider or heaven forbid, a Longhorn?!  Just our luck, it will probably happen.  But for now, we have the ability to make her be an OU Cheerleader! We'll take it!

BOOMER SOONER!  THERE'S ONLY ONE OKLAHOMA!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Well I God forbid she makes that fatal choice you can just tell her what my Daddy told me...

"You go to any school you like but if they were orange you can pay for it too!"

Erin said...

LOVE the shirt Kelly! It looks great on Allison...I'm so glad you found one you liked! I'm behind on blogging, but we ended up taking Addi to the game and be glad you didn't go! It was SO HOT!! Addi lasted almost to halftime and we left.